1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi heres my situation:
my issues:
- I get the weak and shaky feeling for no reason I know of
- I can't play sports without eating nearly immediately right before (or else ill get that weak feeling)
- I have an incredibly strong appetite (I eat WAY more than anyone)
- All my life I ate an incredible amount of candy/sugar (more than anyone I know), because I actually couldnt become fat if I tried. I eat incredibly unhealthy, but always a skinny athletic guy (I play sports all the time and workout). So I look very fit, yet I very bad nonstop.
- And I piss alott, and drink alot

Could it be diabetes?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Could it be diabetes?
Yep! Get to your doc as fast as you can - you don't wanna wake up in DKA any time soon, and that's prob'ly where you're headed. You didn't say how old you are, but it sounds like type 1 or 1.5 to a lunkhead like me. Be sure they give you the test for GAD antibodies.

Thanks for joining us . . . hope we can help. But don't waste any time getting to the doc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
don't mess about with - not sure if you are or aren't but to be certain go see a doctor and find out for sure

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
As the others have said you need to have tests done at your doctors. Only then will you know what is causing your shaky feeling. It wouldn't be a bad idea though to start eating a little bit healthier. I have 3 sons who are also quite thin and eat a lot of junk food. But they are all at risk of getting diabetes since I am diabetic.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi heres my situation:
my issues:
- I can't play sports without eating nearly immediately right before (or else ill get that weak feeling)
- All my life I ate an incredible amount of candy/sugar (more than anyone I know), because I actually couldnt become fat if I tried. I eat incredibly unhealthy, but always a skinny athletic guy (I play sports all the time and workout). So I look very fit, yet I very bad nonstop.

Could it be diabetes?
Could be, but put that decision in the hands of a doctor. Call and make an apppointment. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As the others have said you need to have tests done at your doctors. Only then will you know what is causing your shaky feeling. It wouldn't be a bad idea though to start eating a little bit healthier. I have 3 sons who are also quite thin and eat a lot of junk food. But they are all at risk of getting diabetes since I am diabetic.
Thanks for the responses.
I actually have started eating very healthy this year, because I was told to because of a different issue.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Caution Sarcasm

Hi heres my situation:
my issues:

Could it be diabetes?
Caution Sarcasm

No Craigy, that is not diabetes even though your blood sugar will run very high. That is just plain stupid! All that sugar has leeched out all the essential factors in your body so that you can not process the food you eat except for simple sugar that is processed by the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. Therefor you can not lose or gain much weight. You are mostly an inert mass. When and if you can again digest food you will be diabetic. Try some MCT ( medium chain triglyceride ) from a health food store, it should double you strength because it bypasses most digestion which you no longer have. The reason you are weak is because your metabolism can no longer process regular fats.

But do not feel alone, I did the same same thing drinking 4 liters of coke a day plus living on noodles.

ColaJim

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks for the responses.
I actually have started eating very healthy this year, because I was told to because of a different issue.
Eating healthy is great but sometimes what people are told is "healthy" is not good for diabetics. They are told to eat a lot of fruits, whole grain pasta, breads, rices, etc. These things all make blood sugar to rise.
The most important thing for you to do right now is to get to the doctor. There is a strong chance what you are experiencing is diabetes. If so, you need to know now so you can manage it. However, if it isn't diabetes, something else is still wrong and this will make your doctor aware of your symptoms and will put you on the path towards diagnosis and treatment or a cure.
I really hope you go to the doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! Your health is too important to play these guessing games. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caution Sarcasm

No Craigy, that is not diabetes even though your blood sugar will run very high. That is just plain stupid! All that sugar has leeched out all the essential factors in your body so that you can not process the food you eat except for simple sugar that is processed by the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. Therefor you can not lose or gain much weight. You are mostly an inert mass. When and if you can again digest food you will be diabetic. Try some MCT ( medium chain triglyceride ) from a health food store, it should double you strength because it bypasses most digestion which you no longer have. The reason you are weak is because your metabolism can no longer process regular fats.

But do not feel alone, I did the same same thing drinking 4 liters of coke a day plus living on noodles.

ColaJim
Thanks everyone for your replies and concern.

i dont know all this science stuff, but I dont follow what your getting at?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi welcome to DF! Just get your blood tests done and approach a medical practitioner and ask all your doubts there..meanwhile post your test results..you'l get all the help and explaining here,you are not alone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K so im getting tested tomorrow, i just saw a doctor, he said he thinks its hypoglycemia not diabetes, so hes getting me to get tested tomorrow after fasting. He also said that if my fasting test result is over 7 than i have diabetes.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Many type 2's start out as hypoglecemics. It is all part of the same syndrome of insulin resistance. It is good you are getting properly diagnosed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts