The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new girlfriend and she is AMAZING. She's very supportive of my diabetes (im newly diagnosed and dating as a diabetic has been scary, lots of mean articles on the web about diabetes being a "dealbreaker").

Anyway, one of her hobbies is baking, and she's said shes bummed she's not able to bake for me. Does anyone have any low carb or Diabetic friendly baked goods recipes or suggestions. I know that's basically an oxymoron, but thought if anyone would know it would be the fine folks here

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You have come to the right place. Check our Recipe Forum for fantastic recipes. When I bake I eliminate any kind of wheat flour or sugar. Instead I use almond meal, coconut flour, flaxseed meal and chia seeds. Instead of sugar I use stevia, erythitol, splenda or Davinci coffee syrups. I find most of my recipes online from Gluten free sites. I just sub out the added sweetner. Here are some of my favorites you can have your girl friend take a look at.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
Low Carb Diets at About.com - Atkins South Beach and More Low Carb Diets
Comfy Belly
Gluten Free Recipes | Elana's Pantry
www.alldayIdreamaboutfood.com
Healthy Indulgences

Also you can get Dana Capender's Low Carb Cookbooks on Amazon. They are the best collection of low carb recipes usually under 5-10 carbs per serving.

Reactions: Patdart
1 - 3 of 3 Posts