The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I accompanied my husband for routine check up at the doctor and as we were in the waiting room, I picked up a copy of Diabetic Living magazine and thumbed through it.

It was filled with photos and recipes of all manner of carb and sugar laden meals, snacks, and desserts. In fact, on the cover was a photo of an apple pie. I showed it to my husband and we were both in shock and what they're promoting in that thing.

I just don't get how the whole industry is set up to convince us we need carbs and sugar.

Here's a link to their webpage and look at what they have on it.

https://secure.diabeticlivingonline...se01&ordersrc=msn33diabeticmag_bccdefault0814

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really is sad! And you can bet there are tons of ads for meds that will allow you to eat anything you want, just shoot up or pop a pill after &/or before. With carp like this out there, is it any wonder we have a hard time convincing some the lc/hf woe is really the best for diabetics?
Yes indeed...tons of pharmacy ads.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
This magazine was in the waiting room of my former doctors office. Just one of the reasons I found another doctor. I figured any doctor that put this out for their patients to read knew little or nothing about treating Diabetes, and I was right. :sad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a subscription to this magazine before I found LCHF WOE. I thought I was doing a good thing! I did not renew my subscription. I read the few remaining mags that still come in for the laughs they provide, then I toss them in the trash so some unsuspecting person doesn't get misinformed.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
..... I toss them in the trash so some unsuspecting person doesn't get misinformed.
Yes, it so important to always ensure potentially dangerous objects do not fall into innocent hands!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
OMG...I opened the link and looked at the pictures and I swear my BG just spiked high. With all the new and fancy diabetes drugs they keep coming up with, there is no incentive to find a cure.

Reactions: margilowry

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Ooohhh, it's far worse than that ... there's no incentive to encourage us to live healthy (or long) while waiting for a cure!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
On a related note, my wife opened up the latest issue of Cooking Light this morning (which we have subscribed to for years), and after our past month and a half's obsession with LCHF, the first thing she noticed were all the advertisements for diabetic medicines! and the second thing she noticed was the high carb content for virtually every recipe.

Her comment: "We're not going to renew our Cooking Light subscription next time around." ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts