The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yes I have it. I also have Diabetic Retinopathy on top it. The best thing I can say is get your BG glucose down in the 80's. Retinopathy wise do it slow so you don't have worsening symptoms of that. I think they do the shots for the edema. I had 3 lasers treatments for the retinopathy and bringing down my blood sugars I can see better. My eyesight in the right eye is 20/40 and have central vision loss, which I am told I will never regain that back. I believe the shots in the eye will give some of your eyesight back. I can't have them because of the heart attack and drugs I have to take because of that. Right now the doctor says my eyesight is stable, but have to see him again in 2 months.

Any help is only temporary measures, but progression will stop if you control your blood sugar in normal ranges (80's). I know you probably was told different, but I can tell from experience I can see pretty clearly when my blood sugar in the 80's. I believe it's a life long problem to answer your question, but the good news is, if you keep getting treatments, chances are you won't go blind.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.