The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have some wishes in mind that I'm hoping for some scientists and inventors to find a way in making it available to the Diabetic public in order to handle diabetes easier:

1. A watch-type glucometer
- A glucometer that's wrapped on our wrist with digits of glucometer reading at intervals we need it to monitor our glucose before and after meal or anything. Close glucose monitoring would be near perfect.

Though I know that it would be a big loss for the "strips" manufacturer... but who knows soon?

2. Wish that the phenomenon of "liver-dumping" could be solved

What are your wishes?

G

·
Good question :D

I'd like to see the smart insulin produced (if it works) as it sounds easier than what we're doing now.

Also the close monitoring of BGLs sounds like a good idea to me without the constant finger pricking.... something that would alert me would be great. But I think they have the CGM device like that already with the pumps.... not sure it works the same way though without the pump?

Probably most importantly I'd like to see a cure for all types of diabetes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OT: Thanks for the mention of CGM onlymep... I wouldn't have known that there's such a device. I searched about it, I haven't found the price... I wonder how much is it?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
From a brief Google search, it seems in the US the price is upwards of $1500 - no idea what it would be in the Phillipines.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From a brief Google search, it seems in the US the price is upwards of $1500 - no idea what it would be in the Phillipines.
That would be nearly P70,000.00... I'll surely get a hypo for that on my pocket...:(

·
Registered
716 Posts
onlymep said:
Good question :D

I'd like to see the smart insulin produced (if it works) as it sounds easier than what we're doing now.

Also the close monitoring of BGLs sounds like a good idea to me without the constant finger pricking.... something that would alert me would be great. But I think they have the CGM device like that already with the pumps.... not sure it works the same way though without the pump?

Probably most importantly I'd like to see a cure for all types of diabetes.
We seem to be a significant growing part of the population at almost 1 in 10 so I am sure we will be seeing a lot of new stuff in the next few years. Since the Darwin effect does not apply to us that ratio will continue to rise unfortunately.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Shanny said:
I like the first Ad with the personal warranty. What is a personal warranty lol oh to be in a world where you you could actually trust people would be wonderful but I think we would have to rid the earth of over half of the population to get there.
PriceP 1,500.00
Expires onAugust 23, 2011 08:15PM
Ad ID3765280
Warranty Personal Warranty

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I wish the dominant treatment paradigm for diabetics will evolve to one that emphasizes personal choice and responsibility. In English, show us real choices, and let us choose ... without running an obstacle course.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As a Type 2 I know virtually nothing about Type 1, sorry to say, but I am strangely fascinated by the insulin pump. So are you guys saying that the pump doesn't automatically monitor your bgs for you - you still have to finger-prick?

·
Registered
298 Posts
bigrosiegreenbaum said:
As a Type 2 I know virtually nothing about Type 1, sorry to say, but I am strangely fascinated by the insulin pump. So are you guys saying that the pump doesn't automatically monitor your bgs for you - you still have to finger-prick?
Yes you still have to finger prick. You enter that number along with the carbs you eat to calculate your bolus.

·
Registered
298 Posts
bigrosiegreenbaum said:
Wow, you'd think for a $7,000 machine, it'd be able to test for you. :)
Hopefully some day... You can get a CGM that can work in conjunction with your pump...but that's another 1500 and you have 2 sites

1 - 15 of 15 Posts