Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

diareaha and metformin hcl

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  johnleveritt 
#1 ·
Has anyone gotten diareaha (Sp.) after being on Metformin hcl for 3 weeks? I thought it was supposed to happen in the very beginning. Also I feel these slight pin sticking feelings in my upper abdomen, any ideas.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I take lipitor also. I started taking it when I started my Metformin HLC. I really don't like this med. I just don't feel good. I seem to feel better in the morning before I take it. I almost feel normal then. After I take it as the day goes on I just feel like I'm coming down with something. I ask our insurance about Glucofage but I'd have to pay almost $400.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm just going to hang in there with this stuff. I'm hoping that I can eventually get to a point where I can go off all the meds like before. I had the rotor rooter colon thing yesterday and told my doc that since I've been on this med. that I have no appetite and am losing weight. He didn't seem concerned. He said that they use this med. as a weight loss drug. I'm considering stopping the lipitor. I figure once my sugars get stabilized and I watch my diet my cholestral is bound to go down.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I have continued to have loose stool since starting it. It got better but it is not great. I see it as cleaning the system out.
I haven't been on for some time. Update: I went off the Metformin, went on Glipizide and didn't like that so went back on 500 mgs Metformin hcl 2x's a day and have had no problems with that dosage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.