The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drink 8 oz. of prune juice everyday. The darned stuff has 43 carbs in 8 oz. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of diet prune juice or a lite version? I have tried to drink less but I need the full 8 oz.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Would it make any difference to eat prunes instead, so the extra fiber would slightly offset the carbs? I know they're terribly high carb & I s'pose the juice is even higher!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it make any difference to eat prunes instead, so the extra fiber would slightly offset the carbs? I know they're terribly high carb & I s'pose the juice is even higher!
I am going to have to do some home work on the prunes and juice. I have already found out that I can also try apricots instead of prunes. The only problem is that most apricot juices are made from concentrate and the juice from the fruit is as low as 20%. Sunsweet prune juice is 100%. There are 3 grams of fiber in 8 ounces of prune juice so I don't get to subtract any fiber grams from the carbs. As soon as I find an apricot juice that is near 100% juice I will try to see if it helps like the prune juice does. I will probably have to buy the juice online since the stores in the Central Ohio area do no carry apricot juice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In some other thread someone had said something about taking castor oil instead before bed. *following* because I am also looking for some kinda diet prune juice

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'm confused on why you need to take it? What condition are you treating with it?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And I doubt there's such a thing as 'diet' prune juice. It is what it is - juice made from prunes, and prunes are not low-carb OR low-calorie.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I find that metamucil (the sugar free kind) helps both loose and firm stools. It adds fibre. I would try that instead of prune juice for a while and see how it goes. The orange flavour is my favourite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts