The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this place. Can't use all the recipes but has some good ones and different ideas.
Theworldaccordingtoeggfaceblog.com
Hope I got that right..if not just Google theworldaccordingtoeggface.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might try this without the bread crumbs. Does it look safe?

Shelly's Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

12 fresh Mushrooms, large (I use Crimini)
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 small Yellow Onion, chopped fine
2 Green Onions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 6 oz. can Crab Meat
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Prepared Horseradish
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Italian Blend Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs (almond meal can sub)
Salt/Pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Remove the mushroom stems and chop, set the mushroom caps aside. In a skillet, melt the butter and add the onions and cook till golden. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems. Saute' for a few minutes. Mix onion mixture with crab and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, cheeses, and bread crumbs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper as needed. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and place them on a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.

Reactions: vrdeboer and MCS

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Humhum, that really is an interesting site. To make it easier, I'm making a hot link here theworldaccordingtoeggface. Her idea of custard w/Birds custard powder caught my eye and when I have time i'm gonna spend some happy time there! Thanks for the link!
Thanks.. I just kind of wing it when I post.lol
You kind of have to jump around on the sight but there are some different ideas and the recipes can be adjusted.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I keep the natural almond meal on hand - the one with the skins ground up with it - just basically to use in place of bread crumbs. All I need is the look of crumbs - don't usually care if they get crispy or anything, but it works well for the presentation. So yeah, I think the stuffed mushrooms look okay, & sprinkle 'em with a handful of natural almond meal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Crab stuffed shrooms look dang me good!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Far as I know, Witch, coffee is OK - it is what you add to it that can make a difference.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Can any one tell me is coffee ok I here a lot of different things about coffee
Hi, Vivian. You 'bout have to just drink it & test. Some people get a reaction to the caffeine, but there are many components to coffee, not the least of which is what we add to it. I know we sound like broken records (test, Test, TEST! ;)) . . . never giving a straight answer but always advising test your blood sugar! Well, we're all so different and our ways-of-eating are so different, there just isn't a single answer to every question. But if you're using additives like non-dairy creamer or flavored syrups & sweeteners, we advise switching to heavy cream which has lots fewer carbs than processed creamers/whiteners.

I backed off to drinking decaf, before I quit altogether - I now drink more green tea, and some herbal teas like rooibos - and only if we're in a restaurant which I know serves excellent coffee do I order a cuppa decaf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts