The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my girlfriend last night and she asked me if she could talk to me about something she had heard from her best friend earlier that day. She told me about her friend's dad and grandpa and the complications that they had from diabetes. An amputation and some dialysis.
We talked about how much she worried about me (she lives about 5.5 hours away) and how she was really happy that I take so much care in controlling this disease.
It was really reassuring to know that she thinks about me and worries about me. I don't know why I felt the need to tell you all this but I thought it was very sweet.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I think I already told you she's a keeper . . . if I start repeating myself, y'all are gonna think I've gone around the bend! heheh! I sure do wish the very best for you two - you seem like a great couple & I'm glad you've shared with us!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I already told you she's a keeper . . . if I start repeating myself, y'all are gonna think I've gone around the bend! heheh! I sure do wish the very best for you two - you seem like a great couple & I'm glad you've shared with us!
You have told me! When I told her you said that she thought it was really cute. When she asked me who you were, I told her you were like my forum grandma. How that's okay?!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! That's exactly who I am - Granny Shanny!
I thought you might like to know, I spent the weekend with her down in Dallas. We had a great time going to some of the attractions down there. In case you're interested, I will attach some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shanny is right on! She's a keeper. Don't let her go! Having a spouse/loved one that is THERE for you is more than half of the way to making it through this war with diabetes!

Pastor Paul

G

·
you sound like you're blessed there Josh with having a supportive g/f. I think half the time it's about getting that support from your loved ones & peers too to help with managing diabetes. Not everyone is that fortunate... then again sometimes it helps if people don't know you're diabetic... I swear I'm being treated different sometimes. Had an example of that today at work... agreed a couple of weeks ago to do temp fill for a couple of months as team leader (no pay rise as it's same position I'm already doing... just different team within same branch)... they came back to me today and said they've had a rethink and because of my health at the moment they think it's best I only do half the time originally offered. While I appreciate their intent with helping me... it does make me wonder sometimes... it's not the first time that's happened. So I guess a smaller period is still Ok as it's a break from my current job at least.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You truly are a beautiful couple! God bless you!

I thought you might like to know, I spent the weekend with her down in Dallas. We had a great time going to some of the attractions down there. In case you're interested, I will attach some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Congrats Brother!

She seems like a keeper for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts