The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although we did not ask companies to produce these products, they are continually exposing Humans to chemicals that cause us serious damages. No wonder there are so many more People getting Diabetes, learning problems, cancers, heart disease so early and other diseases. :( I think that we should "get back to basics" in many cases.

CTV.ca | Study links Bisphenol A to heart disease, diabetes

·
Registered
663 Posts
Fresh???

Hey Terrie, That's not good at all. I would look at the other countries who have different way of doing things to pack food. In this day and age we get food packaged in all sorts of things as we get food packed in cans as that has prooved well but then as we get to look at ways to sell food and also food that is at the retail shop for how long I'd hate to think. :rolleyes:

Terrie, Do you cook as I think that you do and when you go and shop to get your food fresh!! if you can. :D When I look at supermarkets I am not happy with the quality of the fruit & vegetables that are there as these supermarkets as they get bigger the more produce it has to handled hence more time before you buy it.

So would you buy friut & Veg at a market or the supermarket? :confused:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have cooked since I moved away from home at age 17. During the warm/hot weather, we buy mainly our local produce from our farmers' markets and fruit and vegetable stores. Plus my Mom has always had a big garden. :D In the cool/cold weather, we buy some of the produce that is grown in the large greenhouses here. The rest we buy at the supermarket which is grown and transported from other countries, mostly the USA since they are the closest.

I know what you mean Peter. Quite simple. If the food don't look Good then we don't buy it. Lots of places here to buy.

It would be Nice if our gov. observed some other countries techniques of storing and packaging foods. (Actually, I think they do :rolleyes: ). Amazing how many bad products get passed into our countries without enough/proper testing first, even so.

I also dislike all the packaging that comes with products that we buy. It's totally unnecessary. It's mostly not biodegradable, too much into landfill and the toxins from some of these materials have been seeping into our land and waterways. I'm not being unrealistic. I do realize our Gov. can't check every little product. The countries making these materials and products should be strickly held accountable. Especially when it comes to foods and products that can be absorbed into the skin and inhaled. Also cleaning products. :eek:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quality!!!

Nevermind Terrie, We have a nose for quality. Like we have a sniff at the milk just to see if it's OK and to see the dip in the jar lid to see that it's properly preserved. ;) We know quality and what's good. :p

Now whare is that icecream. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts