The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a scientist engaged in diabetes research and participate in numerous diabetes related forums. I recently noticed a discussion about our Emulin project and decided to sign in to answer some of the questions that was posted.

I was dissapointed to read that the moderator "Anthill" angrily ended the thread saying that this these forums were not intended for such discussions. I reread the rules and found that we had broke none then looked and noticed there are many many related discussions.

The research is serious and was just featured on NPR and we thought we were being curtious by answering a few questions. I do not believe that we (or anyone) deserves this kind of treatment in any forum and am especially shocked at the hostility I have found here.

I apologize to those that were cut off and I do expect a sincere explaination as to why the thread was so terminated.

dthomson

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well, Mr. Thompson (or is it "Thomson"? You've spelled your own name two different ways on this one post. And you'd like us to believe that you're a bona fide scientist? Where does accuracy fit into this "scientific" picture?) This is a support forum. I'm not at all sure what you're doing is actually support - it looks more to me like trying to win votes for emulin. Sooo sorry you've taken offense, but this specific issue has been discussed and the decision is final.

(would you care to tell us what "curtious" means? Haven't found that one in my dictionary. And btw, "dissapointed" is spelled with one "s" and two "p"s. Want me to point out all the other spelling/grammatical errors in your writing? Where did you say you got that science degree?)

I am a scientist engaged in diabetes research and participate in numerous diabetes related forums. I recently noticed a discussion about our Emulin project and decided to sign in to answer some of the questions that was posted.

I was dissapointed to read that the moderator "Anthill" angrily ended the thread saying that this these forums were not intended for such discussions. I reread the rules and found that we had broke none then looked and noticed there are many many related discussions.

The research is serious and was just featured on NPR and we thought we were being curtious by answering a few questions. I do not believe that we (or anyone) deserves this kind of treatment in any forum and am especially shocked at the hostility I have found here.

I apologize to those that were cut off and I do expect a sincere explaination as to why the thread was so terminated.

dthomson

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its Thompson, and yes I am a bad speller when I am typing quickly. Again, you seem to come across in a very less than friendly manner. No one is trying to promote Emulin, In fact it is quite the opposite as I stated before we were just answering questions on an established thread.
Also I do not appreciate the insinuations. A simple look and you will see our research well documented on NPR, WEBMD, CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, and many of the diabetes journals.

Whatever your personal issue is I don't care. But please get your facts straight and reign in your venom. Its helping no one.

"dthompson"

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that our modern day media was a reliable source for medical information. Wher are your articles from the Journal of American Medicine, or maybe a write up from the Mayo Clinic. We all know it doesn't take much to get on television or the radio.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand. The rules do not allow me to post links so you will have to look yourself. Cetero Labs is the worlds leading diabetic research laboratory and the VP of that lab Dr. Mark Kipnes is on quote discussing this research. Also you may look at Medstar which is a medical documentary company that reports for Discovery Health. It must past serious review. The research from Cetero is also reported on our website with the review comments form the best in this field. Finally our research is in th eprocess of publication and will be available in a few months in a journal.

I trust you will take the time to research the material.

If I am allowed I will post such links here

dthompson

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi DThompson. I am not a moderator, but I am sorry if your intentions were misunderstood. Thing is a lot of people come to such forums to solicit purchases.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I trust you will soon explain what all this has to do with ATM Metabolics - the company touted so strongly in the original post of the original thread?

I understand. The rules do not allow me to post links so you will have to look yourself. Cetero Labs is the worlds leading diabetic research laboratory and the VP of that lab Dr. Mark Kipnes is on quote discussing this research. Also you may look at Medstar which is a medical documentary company that reports for Discovery Health. It must past serious review. The research from Cetero is also reported on our website with the review comments form the best in this field. Finally our research is in th eprocess of publication and will be available in a few months in a journal.

I trust you will take the time to research the material.

If I am allowed I will post such links here

dthompson

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sorry, personally it has just sounded like you trying to sell your product to me. Sorry if I am mistaken, but that is very much how it comes across. I am not trying to mean, or rude, but it is easier to take you more *seriously* when posts are well thought out, and spelling and grammar are, at the very least, correct most of the time. As far as I know, no one is allowed to sell their product here without specific permission from the owner of the forum.

I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time....just saying...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Maybe should all save our money and just eat orange peels. Emulin is a compund found in rinds of citrus fruit. Sounds iffy to me but I really don't care much about any type 2 medicines.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Being one of the people reading, questioning and responding to Mr. Thompson's thread, I personally found the cut-off of the discussion a bit sudden. While not criticizing anyone, I did not think he was trying to promote his product or "sell" us anything. IMHO, he was taking the time to answer questions in a though-out, rational manner about some potentially exciting research he and his team have undertaken. Me personally, I'm not sold on the product, but still willing to listen and ask questions.

I myself am fairly new to diabetes (and I'm type 2), the forum and am always interested in hearing different perspectives. I may not always agree with those perspectives, however if I choose not to agree, I don't have to read/respond. I respect the members of this forum, as they have provided education, guidance and even some levity in my relatively short diabetes journey.

On the other hand, I believe the mods are always on the look-out for snake-oil salesmen (and women) so I can understand their perspective as well. I'm sure there has been a litany of salesmen (and women) attempting to generate false-hope and cures for profit.

Finally, before the tread was closed for discussion, I was going to ask about the scientific studies, where published, how designed, how reviewed, etc. At the very least, I have a curiosity of how the process works from conceptual research through the approval process (FDA or supplement) and eventually to the free market. Maybe this isn't the right place for that discussion/conversation and if so, I apologize.

That's all for me tonight. Take care all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. There is alot of venom here. I was taught in debating class that when someone attacked the character of the debater, it meant you had run out of logic. Reading over these responses, I see that each of you has used bad grammar or misssspppppelled words. Shanny, the question mark comes at the end of the sentence, not within the parenthesis; sentences begin with capital letters; your last post ends with a question mark but was a demonstrative statement. Adjitator, wher is spelled with an "e" at the end. Spelling and grammar are not the points in forums. Let's get past that. What are we trying to accomplish?

Mr. Thompson will not say this, but I will. His mother suffers from type 2. It was through his efforts that she is no longer on insulin. Think of what that means. This was documented by MedStar, the folks behind the WebMD database and producers of Discovery Health. If you think that is easy, you are mistaken. Whom of you have done that? Listen to what folks are saying on this forum. One person, after 18 years, for the first time in his life he has a normal fasting blood glucose of 95, regularly over 200. On Monday, our first experience with a type 1, it was reported to us that they are now producing endogenous insulin. You don't want to hear about this? I am prejudiced because I am one of the researchers. But we did not get on these forums to sell anything. And we will not. We were contacted to answer some questions. We didn't start the threads. Early on, when our discovery became known to the industry, there was an attempt to buy us out. We left the check on the table. We wanted nothing to do with the snake oil industry. One of the very largest food and beverage companies in the world told us that they agreed Emulin was revolutionary, but that if they put it in a beverage it would alert the public to the fact that their regular beverage was unsafe. What about big pharma? Do you think they want to stop selling you insulin and metformin? Google metformin Emulin Dr. Kipnes dgd Research (the most respected diabetes clinic in the entire world) The Ledger (a New York Times newspaper) quote "Emulin...a natural product...outperformed metformin...a genuine breakthrough" end quote. I completely understand your skepticism. But what would you have us do? We have seen the lives of our own families turned around from the disaster that is diabetes. We will not try to sell anything. We don't have any retail product to sell you. We are an IP company. We will only respond to answer a question.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.