The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I´m new to this forum, i'm 37 not overweight, but my main issue is this. I wake up every morning feeling perfectly fine,but five to ten minutes after having breakfast , I start feeling so dizzy and spacey, hard to fucus, out of this world , confused,this has been happening for about 8 years now... it happens more with sweets like fruit or pancakes, but it also happens with a protein breakfast like eggs and bacon...the dizzines lasts the whole morning and somentimes the whole day, sometimes it happens every time that i eat,eating midmorning sweets just makes things worse, I dont understand. My blood pressure is in the low normal range, like 100/70, most of the time, which my doctor things is the main cause. blood sugar is normal 80-110 most of the time. but sweets are definetly an issue. does anybody feels the same way? could this be a blood sugar issue? please help

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Hi Clementine, welcome to the forum.

Dizziness can be caused by a multitude of things, not only blood sugar swings.

You don't say anything about your diabetes. What are your blood sugar numbers?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi, Clementine. Because the dizziness happens after you eat, it sounds to me like it probably is diabetes-related. I am also prediabetic and was having dizzy spells until I got my blood glucose under control. Many doctors treat prediabetes as if it is something minor, but actually it means you are in the early stages of diabetes, so if you want to stay off of diabetic meds and possibly insulin, you need to take the situation in hand right away.

You say your bg is 80-110 most of the time, that is obviously your fasting bg. Besides fasting, you should also be testing 1 and 2 hours after meals to see how high that meal has taken your bg, and keeping your bg below 140 (what is considered to be the danger point) at all times is very important. Carbs are the thing that will take your bg higher than anything else, but the good news is we can control the number of carbs we eat.

Most of us keep our bg under control by eating low carb/high fat. This link will tell you all about that way of eating. LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com and Blood Sugar 101 has a wealth of easy to understand, reliable info. about diabetes and how to control it.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts