Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told I have type 2. After a glucose test:

fasting: 76
1 hr: 170
2 hr: 210
A1c: 6.1

I starting taking Metformin 2x day. Had stomach problems and hard time breathing. Stopped taken it after 5 doses. I have been eating better and exercising.

My tests on my ultra one glucose meter: with no meds for 48 hours

1st day- 90 before meal; 114 after
2nd day- 91 before meal; 116 after

What should I do. If I eat better and exercise will that get my a1c down in the normal 6.0 or is there more to it that that. I need help!:D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was told I have type 2. After a glucose test:

fasting: 76
1 hr: 170
2 hr: 210
A1c: 6.1

I starting taking Metformin 2x day. Had stomach problems and hard time breathing. Stopped taken it after 5 doses. I have been eating better and exercising.

My tests on my ultra one glucose meter: with no meds for 48 hours

1st day- 90 before meal; 114 after
2nd day- 91 before meal; 116 after

What should I do. If I eat better and exercise will that get my a1c down in the normal 6.0 or is there more to it that that. I need help!:D
Your blood sugar readings without medication are pretty good. Yes, there is a possibility that with diet, eating very low carb and exercising, you can reach a 6.0 A1C. How long ago were you diagnosed? You also need to continue to test to make sure your blood sugar does not creep up on you. Welcome to the Diabetes Forum!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome Michele . . . I guess I answered your question on the other thread where you posted about metformin side effects.

It does seem to me like metformin would be good to treat you at this point because you've caught this early and your levels aren't sky high yet. If you aren't taking metformin extended release, you might consider it . . . the side effects are said to be less with that formula.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts