The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to this website, and i'm pretty sure members regularly post similar posts asking a similar question, so sorry in advance for repeating...

Basically I am due to visit the doctor later today and I just wondered if anyone can shed on light on my symptoms before i go. I just hate feeling as though I'm heading there with some sort of self diagnosis and don't want to appear a hypocondriac!

Basically about 3 years ago I had glandular fever which led me to then contract coeliac disease (both auto immune disorders). I knew I would remain feeling tired for a while after having GF but within the last year the fatigue has become different...it's almost as though I wake up and feel like i've already run a marathon! It varies from day to day but i'm 90% tired most of the time. It feels as though normal daily activities are so draining. That's the first symptom.

Without going into too much detail, for the past year or so I have had recurrent thrush in varying degrees. Sometimes this may just be itching and other times it is full blown, discharge blah blah (sorry!). I've even had a few water infections chucked in there from time to time. But I;d say every fortnight thrush pops up and says hello. Very frustrating!

The other thing I have noticed is that sometimes I'll be out walking around and i'll come over very light headed, hot, shakey, feels like my heart is racing. This is usually accompanied by the feeling of needing to drink or eat something desperately!

Sorry for essay, these are the main symptoms other than mind fog/irritability...it would be great if anyone could shed any light as to weather this may be diabetes?

Thanks xx:)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi and welcome to DF. When diabetics eat a diet high in carbs their blood sugars stay very high. This is the perfect environment for infections like thrush to thrive in. Also the description of feeling light headed and shakey could indicate blood sugars spiking very quickly or dropping very quickly. I am happy you are seeing a doctor for a real dx. If the blood tests show that you are diabetic you will need to watch all carbs including gluten free grains and of course sugar. Also ask the doctor about Slow onset type 1 or LADA. Often when you have autoimmune conditions it could mean LADA.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi, i'm new to this website, and i'm pretty sure members regularly post similar posts asking a similar question, so sorry in advance for repeating...

Basically I am due to visit the doctor later today and I just wondered if anyone can shed on light on my symptoms before i go. I just hate feeling as though I'm heading there with some sort of self diagnosis and don't want to appear a hypocondriac!

Basically about 3 years ago I had glandular fever which led me to then contract coeliac disease (both auto immune disorders). I knew I would remain feeling tired for a while after having GF but within the last year the fatigue has become different...it's almost as though I wake up and feel like i've already run a marathon! It varies from day to day but i'm 90% tired most of the time. It feels as though normal daily activities are so draining. That's the first symptom.

Without going into too much detail, for the past year or so I have had recurrent thrush in varying degrees. Sometimes this may just be itching and other times it is full blown, discharge blah blah (sorry!). I've even had a few water infections chucked in there from time to time. But I;d say every fortnight thrush pops up and says hello. Very frustrating!

The other thing I have noticed is that sometimes I'll be out walking around and i'll come over very light headed, hot, shakey, feels like my heart is racing. This is usually accompanied by the feeling of needing to drink or eat something desperately!

Sorry for essay, these are the main symptoms other than mind fog/irritability...it would be great if anyone could shed any light as to weather this may be diabetes?

Thanks xx:)
Hi and welcome to the site:D. Asking lot of questions is good and there are many here that can be of some help to you.

Glad you found us,

Gene

·
Registered
633 Posts
It could be but it could also be something like Graves Disease or Addisons. How is your blood pressure been.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts