The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Morning wake up at 4.2, had some scramble eggs, 1 pce multi grain bread and bacon plus 1 beef sausage..

And I went to play badminton for 3 hrs... Was 4.2 mmol after that..

Lunch: ate some lamb with soup outside later afternoon and then follow catch up with my GF cousin..

Check 4.4mmol before dinner.. Dinner was meat and rice wrappers and egg noodle soup with prawn and pork and plus 3 glass milk tea...

After 3 hrs dinner and tested was 8.5mmol.. looks a bit high after 3 hrs.. So went for a walk/jog... only 22 mins of walk/job I was feeling a bit not so right....

Stop at the bus stop and took out my meter and starts to Check myself and had a shock!! it was 3.7mmol!! Normally I bring sweets, BG meter and wallet but today I forgot about my sweets and wallet...

Quickly without wasting time for it, I went into a 7-11 shop and beg for a coke and tell him I will pay him later and the young chap on the midnight shift was kind gave me a coke and ask me not to bother about the money..

I drank all down and waiting for around 30 mins and it went back to 4.7 from 3.7 and I start to walk 7kms back home slowly... Just reach home and it was 4.1 and took a glass of OJ and some nuts and now came back to 5.0mmol..

So I say, Do Not be Afraid of Hypo, BE PREPARED!! (even if you dont have money or sweets when you are outside)

Sorry for the long read...

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few Questions I wanna ask you guys with experience:

1. why did my BG's drops so quickly and i am on metformin. from 8.5 down to 3.7 after 22-25mins walking/jog

2. I been losing a few more kgs last 2 weeks and I been playing Badminton 5 to 6 times a week (past 2 weeks) and been walking everyday around 7 to 11 kms, is that the reasons why My BGs drops so quickly?

3. Or is it the reasons because all the above and its summer now in Australia? was 35 degrees C this afternoon and was around 27 degrees C this evening..

Thank you in Advance for your help :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree woke up this morning 3.9 after groceries this afternoon 3.3 no problem, just don't tell the wife

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your exercise brings down your sugar

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sometimes it seems to me, my BG is higher than I think, I have to double-check, and then it drops really fast, and I dont know why. Once it dropped from 14,1 to 2,3 in 30 -thirty- minutes:eek: I was just sitting in a chair.....
I know my BG sometimes choose to move really quick, so now I`m always prepared. I always bring with me a little "treasure-box" and in that I have some of my favourite carbo-rich stuff. If I becomes hypo, it isn`t so bad, because I can pick something from my little treasure-box:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what happen that night, and maybe my fingers were contaminated and maybe thats why it shows higher... should have retest before going for the walk/jog and could be when i was tested it was already around 4 -5..

so I'm wondering that night whether the 8.5 was wrong due to contamination of the test area.

Reactions: Will-Sandy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good point JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts