The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I don't have dark circles myself, and to my knowledge, there is no direct association with diabetes. Mayo Clinic cites some common causes here.

If you have diabetes, you could tell us more about it and how you manage it.

Thank you for joining us.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sometimes. In my case, I think they're genetic. My grandfather always had very dark circles under his eyes (he wasn't diabetic, though) and I seem to deal with them more as I age. They're worse when I'm not sleeping well, I think, but maybe that's just a myth. When the dark circles come on, I just use a little concealer and powder, but I guess men don't have that option. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Miss_Blue said:
Sometimes. In my case, I think they're genetic. My grandfather always had very dark circles under his eyes (he wasn't diabetic, though) and I seem to deal with them more as I age. They're worse when I'm not sleeping well, I think, but maybe that's just a myth. When the dark circles come on, I just use a little concealer and powder, but I guess men don't have that option. :)
Manly concealer, check out football and baseball players

Reactions: WV Mom

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

That's interesting that they seem to be able to be genetic.

I don't remember having bad eye circles as a kid, but I guess it's possible... and I'm sure my skin is thinner (that makes one part of me... ha!) than back then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks all.

That's interesting that they seem to be able to be genetic.

I don't remember having bad eye circles as a kid, but I guess it's possible... and I'm sure my skin is thinner (that makes one part of me... ha!) than back then.
id have dark circles under my eyes,always did,and when im becoming unwell with colds,flu etc i can tell by them,and same goes in my son and daughter...esp with my son,i can tell a mile off,but even when hes ok he has dark circles??

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have them and have had them for a long time, got them from my dad who coincidentally is the one in my family who had diabetes as well.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have dark circles too. Even with 8 hours of sleep I still get them. I think as we age it may get worse because the skin has less resiliency. I notice it much more is since I lost weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had dark circles too. I don't know if it was age or because of undiagnosed diabetes, but my dermatologist suggested an eye cream. After continued use, they disappeared. It was expensive, but the little jar lasted over 18 months. It was skinceuticals AGE eye complex. It reduces the glycolization(?) that causes the dark skin.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have dark circles too.. they seem to get worse if my sugar gets high or if I am sick.. I have tried numerous things to rid them but they stay.. I drink like a zillion gallons of water a day, eat good, and get my sleep.. I have just learned to cover them with makeup lol some days I look like a walking zombie cause of them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts