The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
playlist.jpg

One thing that I have found helps me while walking is listening to music. It seems to help me "get in stride" but more importantly it puts me in a better mood. Lately I have changed up my playlist to include happier, more positive songs. I have noticed a difference in my stress level! The only time I don't tend to listen to music during my walks is when I am on a trail - during those times I kick back and listen to the sounds of nature all around me.

Do you listen to music during exercise?

What's on your playlist?

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lately I have started nearly every walk with this song.

It helps me know it is time to "get moving".

·
Registered
801 Posts
I walk at the YMCA using one of the machines. I often listen to audiobooks, but I also like "All You Need Classics: Workout" from Amazon. The pace is good for me and there is almost 11 hours of music. It's 99c and quite enjoyable if you like classical music. I've been struggling trying to get the right beat speed for my walking using Itunes. Just can't sit at the computer long enough to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
yes absolutely plus I have an app called Zombie Run... it is a long story in chapter form about the zombie apocalypse and sometimes it asks you to move faster to avoid the zombies.. its really fun and entertaining while you are running and the basic one is free. I did the free for 2 weeks and immediately decided to pay for it. well worth it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes! I have my phone with me when I walk on the treadmill or use the bike at the gym and also when I'm walking outside. I use Pandora and play various different types of music but no rap or hard rock. My yoga and pilates classes at the gym always have music but I don't really pay a lot of attention to what it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes!
The music at the gym is no bueno!!
Turn on Pandora and whichever of my channels that strikes my fancy!!
Just have to be careful # 1 - Not to sing and dance along and # 2 not get too caught up and try to go too fast and fall off!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts