The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the doctor yesterday! My doctor of 4 years up and left! She has had a fill in for the last 6 moths. I kept asking when she will return and I was informed she will not be returning! I've been managing my blood sugar myself, my a1c was 7.9! A bit high but not too bad!

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Hi Darcy - welcome to the forum! How disconcerting to arrive at your doc and find out she's gone without advance notice. Hope you find someone you like even better.

What type diabetes do you have? How long have you had it? An A1C of 7.9 is pretty high, but I don't know where you're coming from. I'm one to talk! Mine was 14.7 when I went to the hospital, but I didn't know I had diabetes. My goal is to get it down under 6.0

What are you doing for your diabetes?

Glad you're here! I think you'll find a lot of support and great information from people who have been doing an incredible job of controlling their blood sugar. I surely have found tons of inspiration in addition to cold hard facts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Thanks! I've had type 1 diabetes for almost 12 years! My a1c usually run between 7-9. I don't practice the best discipline. I've been on the pump for 3 years. I've had better control, however I'm lazy! Sounds terrible! I'm in college and my health isn't my focus! I don't let it get high and I never have keytones. I want it to be about a 6-7. Anything lower makes me feel run down. Especially since I work out!

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Darcypm :) my last A1c was 8 so you're doing better than me right now. Although my reason is prolonged illness making my BGLs fluctuate unpredictably. By my own calculations recently I should now be tracking at 7... but I'm not 100% sure on that one. I'm type 2 on insulin injections. I was doing weights and cardio but haven't been doing that for a bit because of health. I haven't put on any weight for quite a while which is good at least. Although I do have more I could lose for sure. You'll find lots of support and info here. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.