The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a recent microalbuminuria test (test for protein in the Kindneys), and had a call from the doctor. There was an issue in that it was way too high , 115 mg/mmol as opposed to an upper limit of 25 mg/mmol

Anyway he soon went into attack mode
"I've not been controlling by diabetes ....."
"You are eating a silly diet, what do you expect"

Nice how they drop the "we" when things appear to look bad !

Anyway, I asked for a retest, because I know I have not had any high results. I do test daily although I have to pay for them.
I also had full blood tests done also

Got the results back today, protein levels where fine, actually low normal, rest of bloods perfectly normal apart from chlorestorel which was 5.

I think what had happend was I was taking an anti-biotics for a tooth infection, and it gave an incorrect result.

anyway came away with a prescription for statins, which I am about to burn, I would have preferred a prescription for tests strips to be honest

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Was glad to get to the end of the story - whew! Good on you for asking for a retest. Isn't it remarkable how we have to come up with this stuff instead of them?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And remarkable how they feel justified in such vicious verbal attacks when they think they're right. I'd dump that doc like a hot rock. If he has no respect for you & how you manage your diabetes, why does he deserve your patronage? Put your money is somebody else's pocket.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is he a local village doctor:confused: Do you have access to another?? I know when I lived in the UK in the 90s - I was stuck with a quack -- had to fly my son back to Philly to have his asthma treated before got to the point of hospitalization:(

Did finally go the private doctor path with good results...

good Luck:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need a match for that fire? Grrr ... so irritated with how so many doctors are treating their patients lately. :mad:
It's all very strange, I did sort of feel I was somehow to blame in all of it

Even when I went for the retest, the nurse asked me how many spoonfulls of sugar I had with my tea in the morning.

I really should get a little bell and go around saying "diabetic, it's all my fault"

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
If your micro albumin was that high, you'd be having a bunch of other symptoms. Don't suppose he checked your creatinine levels or asked about fatigue, itching, etc.?

Statins, as we all know, can now cure everything. Good grief.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts