The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...anything about the effects of marijuana on blood sugar levels? I have looked for information on the web and there really isn't anything out there. Vague at best. I just wanted to ask some real people with real information. So, does anybody know anything?

...and, please, no preaching. I know the legal and health issues all ready, thanks.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard that question before. I never used drugs so I cannot hrelp you.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think that drug users are secretive as they don't share information at all. I cannot answer your question ither as I hate the stuff. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I'm a 29 year old with type 1 diabetes and wear a pump. I've had diabetes for 25 yrs and I smoke pot daily for medical reasons and for pleasure. I have noticed that when I get really really high, my blood sugars tend to lower; they dont bottom out or anything, but they definitly go down. But most of the time I dont see any affects on the diabetes and smokin pot. I've never researched about it or anything, just personal experience. Hope this helped out a bit!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jenn, we should not promote using drugs here, or anywhere online. There are ways that are much better than drugs for getting good diabetes control. I suggest you quit drugs and use more appropriate ways to deal with your diabetes. I have been a diabetic for 64 years and I am very healthy. I have never used drugs. That is part of the reason why I am healthy at 70 years of age.

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize if my intents were mistaken, but I dont think i was "promoting" drug use, I just wanted to be able to answer someones question and hope I was helpful. I've been diabetic for 25 years and unfortunatly I'm not as lucky as u, for I have tried for 25 years and I still haven't been able to get my diabetes under control, and now I am going blind. I just wanted to find a site where I could get in contact with other diabetics and have someone to chat with. I apologize again and I wont be using this site anymore.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This thread is closed due to discussions over illicit drug use!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.