The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Just curious if many have researched this.
Not as yet... but I'm sure they will find one some day. Meanwhile we just need to learn to control and manage it the best we can. Modern medicine is making improvements all the time too... so maybe we will see better ways of managing it in the future. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
my view only:

from what i have read the medical profession makes sure that type 2 diabetes is well advanced and incurable before they will acknowledge that you are in danger. if your blood sugar can reach 200 mg/dl your pancreas is already severely damaged because your pancreas makes it's final stand at 140 mg/dl and you are probably down the road of progressive destruction of your body unless you yourself impose major dietary restrictions.

ColaJim

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think there are so many different causes of Type 2, it is hard to find a cure to work with everyone, since we are all very differerent. I feel that I have a signaling problem and rarely spike at meals. My biggest spikes are from liver dumps when I am not eating. So I have adjusted my diet to find the best foods to avoid this. We all find the best way to manage our disease. Some people that are very overweight find Gastric Bypass Surgery seems to reverse a lot of the diabetic symptoms in a short amount of time. But for those of us who are not overweight, I'm not sure.

G

·
Sorry about the appearance of insinuation.
How do I delete my account?
Hi Rhinonrg... I don't think Shanny was trying to offend you... she is one of our moderators and just letting you know what the rules here are... maybe it was too blunt for you? (really she's a nice person) Obviously you weren't trying to suggest there is a cure... you were just asking a question. You're welcome to share your experiences with us. Are you diabetic yourself? If so, what type of diabetes do you have, etc. Introduce yourself in the 'introduce' section.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
too much money being made for them to have a cure available.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sorry about the appearance of insinuation.
How do I delete my account?
You're OK Rhinonrg, A cure is just a pie in the sky and any person who claims that there is a cure are absolutely nuts!!! Furthermore there are scams ether online or even in a family practice as this will cost far too much money.

If there were such a medical brake though as this will only take you to another system of drugs that you have to live with.
There are politics over the pharmaceutical industry with their insane profits that they make will be quite happy in making a pumps or drugs to keep us alive.
They will not support a cure!!​

G

·
One way a diabetic can hope to beat this disease is to trust in God. He is still in the business of healing, and I'd never quit praying for a miracle.

This was a great question,

Pastor Paul :amen:
I agree Paul :) we were never meant to be sick and living with this illness. I share same faith as you... definitely grateful to God for where I am today despite my illness.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry For Any Offensive Comments!

I offer my sincere apology for my earlier comments (since edited) on my particular faith, diabetes, and cures! That was not my intent, at any time!!!

I did not mean to offend anyone on this forum, and feel terrible that some may have been offended and angered. It is not my style to offend anyone with my faith, and in the future, I promise to be less enthusiastic in mixing my faith with my comments!

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
There working on it

If you google "Edmonton Protocol" one of the links will take you to the University of Alberta in Edmonton Canada. They discuss the History, Procedure, Current review - references. This treatment is only for Type l diabetes. They talk about the clinical trials. One of the links on google also goes to the New England Journal of Medicine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Should A Cure Ever Come . .

If you google "Edmonton Protocol" one of the links will take you to the University of Alberta in Edmonton Canada. They discuss the History, Procedure, Current review - references. This treatment is only for Type l diabetes. They talk about the clinical trials. One of the links on google also goes to the New England Journal of Medicine.
I'll be the first in line. That is one reason I take good care of myself. Every day I'm on this planet, there is the hope that somewhere, someone, will have the answer to this disease.

If you have links to the above info, I'd appreciate your putting in your post. It makes it easier to go to. I've been hearing rumors about some kind of procedures for T-1's and can only hope and pray it comes to pass, as it puts us T-2' that much closer to getting away from sticking fingers, injecting insulin, and worrying about what we eat, especially when it comes to what is delicious and sweet!

My one doctor always tells me that if it tastes good, "Don't eat it!" :eek: That is a terrible way to live, but, it is somewhat true of diabetic diets!

·
Registered
55 Posts
righteousdude2 said:
I'll be the first in line. That is one reason I take good care of myself. Every day I'm on this planet, there is the hope that somewhere, someone, will have the answer to this disease.

If you have links to the above info, I'd appreciate your putting in your post. It makes it easier to go to. I've been hearing rumors about some kind of procedures for T-1's and can only hope and pray it comes to pass, as it puts us T-2' that much closer to getting away from sticking fingers, injecting insulin, and worrying about what we eat, especially when it comes to what is delicious and sweet!

My one doctor always tells me that if it tastes good, "Don't eat it!" :eek: That is a terrible way to live, but, it is somewhat true of diabetic diets!

Hi Paul
This is the link to the University of Alberta. On google there is about 10 other links.
http://www.islet.ca/
I can only do one link at a time from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes Forum app

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank Don, I'm looking forward to reading more info on the subject. I would love to be free from this disease. It is so confining, demanding, and it just sucks the fun and life out of life! Of course, I know you already know this, or you wouldn't be looking for answers to your hope for a cure too!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thank Don, I'm looking forward to reading more info on the subject. I would love to be free from this disease. It is so confining, demanding, and it just sucks the fun and life out of life! Of course, I know you already know this, or you wouldn't be looking for answers to your hope for a cure too!
Paul - I just have to respond to this.

You are right - diabetes management is demanding and I have spent my share of time resenting that. BUT....in many ways, having been diverted down this path has changed my life has for the good, and my life is more full now than before. I am so much more in awe of the magic of our bodies than I was before...what a beautiful, intricate mechanism! I can never replace the original parts, but am so grateful to have tools available that enable me to can wake up every morning on this fascinating planet. I am thankful for my friends and family, and the wonderful people on this forum and other who have offered such generous support. And yes, I still have great fun travelling, entertaining, gardening, hiking, canoeing.....all the things I did before. I may have to wear a watch now to remind me to do a shot now and then, but it's a small price to pay!

Do I wish for cure? You bet! But I intend to be wandering the hills of Topanga enjoying the awesome Chaparral and the amazing birds, lizards, snakes and other critters for many years to come, fingersticks and shots or not!

Jen

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
No cure yet.

I am a type 1, and my pancreas produces no insulin. It died when I was 6 years old. In order that I be cured, my pancreas would have to be revived and be able to produce sufficient insulin again. I guess we could call a pancreas transplant a cure, if the transplant works properly, but so often it does not, or is only temporarily successful. To get the beta cells to regenerate properly and not continually be dieing is another possibility, but they have not been able to get that to happen yet. Maybe in the decades ahead.

In the meantime, I am very happy and healthy after living 65 years with my diabetes. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
And just so we're clear, Rhinonrg: The policy of this forum is very strict regarding posts that even IMPLY a cure - they are summarily and unceremoniously deleted.
Hi Shanny,

I've heard that point made by you and other moderators of this forum previously regarding the use of terms such as "reversal" and "cure".

However, this is what I see at the top of the forum board:

" Ads by Google > Diabetes 2 > Diabetes Diet > Diabetes Cure > Diabetic Cure"

Maybe it's OK to imply "cure" if some payment is being received for doing just that by Google or some other advertiser?

I'm a very confused member of this forum!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.