The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Sorry if this post is TMI, but wondering if anyone else has dealt with and found a solution.. I follow LCHF and I'm doing well, I've lost 23 pounds since my diagnosis in December. In the last month or so, I've realized that instead of 'going' every day or every other day, it is now every 3-5 days. I do deal with some bloating in between, but I'm not in pain, nor having 'unsuccessful trips', it's just less frequently than before my diet changed so much. I have not tried any otc pills or liquids yet, as I'm afraid to end up on the opposite end of the spectrum. I just had my Hubby order some Hemp Seed Oil as I've been reading of the numerous benefits of it, and I'm wondering if it could help me with this issue. Anyone have any insight here?

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
You have an issue? I'm down to 1-2 a week myself. I think it's common on LCHF to see a reduction in that particular necessity as our bodies are now using more of the foods we eat for fuel, so there would naturally be less waste.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
970 Posts
As long as you're sufficiently hydrated, your "cycle" is entirely normal.

It is a myth that everyone is obliged to perform that little ritual every day.

This myth, unfortunately, causes great anxiety, and for no real reason whatsoever.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And it's a myth perpetuated by the advertising industry, which has something to sell you, of course, if you don't conform to a made-up 'norm' that everybody must comply with or be labeled wrong.

I'm more like David . . . once a week is fine; I actually don't pay much attention apart from making sure I weigh myself the next morning. I sure don't wanna weigh any extra! ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, and lol Shanny, that's a good plan, weigh after a 'session'. I actually figured the new timeframe was a la LCHF, and being that I have not been in any bad pain or having other negative symptoms, I wasn't that worried. I just wanted to compare notes and see if this was a thing to expect. Glad I'm just part of the club hehe

·
Registered
521 Posts
I like to 'go' everyday. I have found certain foods will prevent that. I cannot eat high fiber foods like flax, chia seeds or anything like that. I keep it to green veggies and protein and of course my fats. I do find red meat to be an issue as well. Lots of fish and poultry work better for me. too many cruciferous veggies cause issues too. But that's just me

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
I have always been pretty regular, right after morning coffee, even when morning shifts to afternoons the way I work. I never go more than 2 days if I skip one. Thanks to metformin, I may occasionally go 3 times some days if I get really hot.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Fat as a primary source of energy just doesn't add much bulk.

Enough fat, however, can create a kind of an - uh - oil slick :eyebrows:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Hello all,

Sorry if this post is TMI, but wondering if anyone else has dealt with and found a solution.. I follow LCHF and I'm doing well, I've lost 23 pounds since my diagnosis in December. In the last month or so, I've realized that instead of 'going' every day or every other day, it is now every 3-5 days. I do deal with some bloating in between, but I'm not in pain, nor having 'unsuccessful trips', it's just less frequently than before my diet changed so much. I have not tried any otc pills or liquids yet, as I'm afraid to end up on the opposite end of the spectrum. I just had my Hubby order some Hemp Seed Oil as I've been reading of the numerous benefits of it, and I'm wondering if it could help me with this issue. Anyone have any insight here?
What I've always read is that anywhere between twice a day and twice a week is "normal", so you're not too far from that.

In my case, as soon as I got on LC/HF I got on an almost exact every 24 hours schedule with only rare exceptions. I had never experienced this at any time in my life. I'm not saying it was always "bad", but NEVER this "regular".

Eventually, I discovered that I have to keep fiber limited for best results. I know this is shocking and goes against everything we've all believed for a while now, but consider the following study:

63 individuals with chronic, "ideopathic" and apparently incurable constipation were put on a NO-FIBER diet. (Most likely, most of them were taking lots of fiber prior trying to cure their problem.)

Result? ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CURE. Every single one of them went to 1.0000 times per day (plus or minus some really tiny number) and all symptoms (difficulty, etc.) were completely gone. It seems like once a day is the "most" normal of normal.

This happened within a very short time and continued apparently indefinitely as long as they stayed on the no-fiber diet. Those who went halfway (low-fiber) recovered more or less half way.

I'm not zero-fiber, but quite low. This, along with LC/HF, has produced the most astounding "regularity" I've ever known.

Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms

·
Registered
837 Posts
Key word: hydrated. Make sure you are drinking enough water.

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 13 of 13 Posts