The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing detailed checks and graphing of my blood sugars over the last week and discovered that during the weekend my numbers were actually in the normal range if I ate decent and exercised. Try the same thing during the week however and not so great. My husband thinks stress is effecting it (my job is pretty stressful sometimes). Does anyone else experience this? Any advice on how to counteract the stress?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Absolutely.

The other day I was frustrating* with my daughter and her unwillingness to do school work. I was telling a co-worker about it and made it all the way from 110 to 157.

*(right now her dad is frustrating, with her .... then I was actually frustratED with her, LOL!).

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When we are under stress the body produces stress hormones which signal liver to convert stored glucose (glycogen) back into available glucose. The same thing happens when we are ill or injured. It is our body's way of keeping us alive. Some refer to it as the Fight or Flight syndrome.

Reactions: MCS and foxl

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Stress is harmful to the body, confinous stress kills. Look into GABA. Helps to control the stress on your body.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For me stress usually makes my BG go really high, but a seldom time it drops instead. Have had some nasty hypo thanks to me being stressed out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Stress will affect my BG... but not always! I find a stessful week will not affect my BG that much, sometimes not at all. But stress from an emergency at work for example can send my BG up the curtains in the blink of an eye. I think I'm just weird :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts