Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Does taking insulin cause headaches?

23K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Asjes 
#1 ·
*I commenced on Lantus five weeks ago. Since the very next day after I commenced, I have got a headache every morning about an hour after breakfast. I have never in my life had this happen before. It is bad enough to need pain killers -which I don't like having to take each day. I mentioned it to my doctor and he thought it was not to do with the insulin but maybe a stress reaction. But why at exactly the same time each day? And why when I have been stressed all my life, but never had this headache before? Always on my right side. Weird and painful!

#3 ·
I used many kinds of insulin for about 60 years without headaches. For the past 3 or 4 years I have those morning headaches. I think mine is sinus or allergy related. i do not think it is insulin.

#4 ·
I dont know that it is insulin related....but if you are having painful headaches on a regular basis its better to get it checked out. There could be many reasons for it.

#5 ·
for me when i chaned insulins from the regular strength to the u500 i got bad headaches for like 2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.