The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, whether I use IE or Firefox, this Forum comes up looking like we time-warped to 1994. No background, no logo, everything's in Times New Roman, and some of the functions don't work. Is it just me, or did I miss a memo? All other websites look as normal as they ever do. Down at the bottom of the page, it says "HTML Code is Off." But there's no way to click it back on. Sorry about the interruption ... many thanks for any wisdom!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hasn't given me any grief here, but another site was loading pages all outta whack yesterday & I began blaming my own machine after while. Then it was better today, so maybe the gremlins are having a holiday blowout. :p

I wonder if Bob's doing any tinkering . . . :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
It was all wacky for me this morning - (now I realize 'this morning' means nothing in an international forum - er ... maybe 12 hours ago?) - but then okay within an hour or two.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hi All,
We were doing a few upgrades in the morning which may have caused the forum to lose some of its styles as Shalynee describes but all should be fine now. The "HTML Code Off" thing is to do with the posting rules on the site - it means we are not allowed to post HTML code when making replies.

I would suggest clearing down the cache on your browser (removing temporary files, cookies etc). In Firfox thats in Tools -> Clear Recent History. The re login to the site and see if that makes a difference.

Regards
Bob

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, Bob ... Cleared caches, logged out, and closed out browsers. Still stuck in 1994, on both Firefox 6 and IE9. (Ads are coming through nicely, though.) I'm running the latest Windows 7 Service Pack, if that makes any difference. All other websites appear fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Ah - now I see what Shalynne sees. Google Chrome is fine, but when I went to Firefox and IE they were funky ...

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Sorry, Bob ... Cleared caches, logged out, and closed out browsers. Still stuck in 1994, on both Firefox 6 and IE9. (Ads are coming through nicely, though.) I'm running the latest Windows 7 Service Pack, if that makes any difference. All other websites appear fine.
Thanks for trying that and the update.
I'm a little baffled right now. I'm sure it must have something to do with the recent updates. They may need some time to propagate around the world. May I ask for you to check again in a few hours again and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Bob

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Not working this morning on any of the 3 browsers. I can send screenshots if that would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Not working this morning on any of the 3 browsers. I can send screenshots if that would be helpful.
Thanks Moon,
I've seen the issue visually from another member. I'm pretty sure the problem is something called DNS propagation - which basically means some servers around the world have not caught up yet with some of our design changes. Its pretty much a waiting game that may take anywhere up to 48 hours depending on where you are in the world and who your ISP is.
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Moon,
I've seen the issue visually from another member. I'm pretty sure the problem is something called DNS propagation - which basically means some servers around the world have not caught up yet with some of our design changes. Its pretty much a waiting game that may take anywhere up to 48 hours depending on where you are in the world and who your ISP is.
Regards
Bob

... which might explain why my workplace computer has also time-traveled (Firefox 3.6.20, Windows XP Professional). Moon and I are both in California, so maybe it's a Left Coast thing?

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And, Bob ... Many, many thanks for checking out this holiday irritant! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks Moon,
Regards
Bob
Been through that with our own web pages. Soon everyone will have the right stuff

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Yeah! All's right with the world! Back to normal.

Thanks Bob :)

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup it's back!

Colors and fonts returned, then graphics followed. Moon's came back first.

Of course, one major tech question remains: Why did my computers get to go back in time, while I stayed stuck in 2011?

Bob ... Kudos & Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Why did my computers get to go back in time, while I stayed stuck in 2011?
Yeah - stuck here w/ diabetes vs back then without. I would've quickly gobbled a bowl of fruit or something ...

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, '94 was a pretty cool year. (Fruit? A mere appetizer!)

Could do without rehashing '95 and '96, however ...

·
Registered
741 Posts
ah ok now I have my page back...I've been unable to log on for 2 days in Australia and I use Chrome...all is well now :)

Reactions: bob and Shanny
1 - 19 of 19 Posts