The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had type 2 for almost a decade and have been on lantus 18 units and Gliciphage 2 mg a day since the beginning of this year. I had a routine unrine test done and everything was normal except for ' traces of sugar' . My urine has been smelling pretty bad for a couple of weeks and I am wondering why ? Could this smell be diabetes induced ? My HBA1C hovers around 7'5-8.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HBA1C 7,5-8 is quite high. I have something about 6-6,5.
Unfortunetly Diabetes destroyed many inside organs, maybe kidney`s or something else is malfunction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was noticing the same with me prior to being diagnosed just recently. My urine was dark and smelled what I considered like tuna. Since then after being put on Lantus and with diet and excersice it's not as badm but still there occasionally. I'm not sure about the kidney thing because my results came back with my kidney functioning good and I have protein uria and only one functioning kidney. I'd like a clearer answer on this as well.

nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
The smell could be something as simple as a urinary tract infection..I was diagnosed with type 2 about 4 years ago and I did experience that. I mixed a tablespoon of apply cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water twice a day and in few days the smell was gone. Since then I have continued to do the apply cider vinegar as it has other health benefits..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts