The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although most People with DP wake up with higher than wanted blood glucose levels there are a minority of us(including me) where our BG test number is
usually in the normal range when we wake up and then rises. Mine starts rising about
40 minutes after I wake up. It doesn't matter if I eat breakfast, don't
eat or drink anything, exercise or don't exercise. It just automatically
rises.

I used to call it Delayed Dawn Phenomenon but my Endo says it just
manifests later and it is still in realm of Dawn Phenomenon.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
A Website on Dawn Phenomenon

Many people have been helped with morning highs by this website.

Dawn Phenomenon

·
Registered
47 Posts
When i get up my BS is say average 115 but after 10-20 minutes its 95 this seems to happen consistently in the mornings for me anyone know why it drops after 10 -20 minutes? I know DP means higher BS in the morning but just wondering why the drop so soon after getting up and was the high on waking up.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
When i get up my BS is say average 115 but after 10-20 minutes its 95 this seems to happen consistently in the mornings for me anyone know why it drops after 10 -20 minutes? I know DP means higher BS in the morning but just wondering why the drop so soon after getting up and was the high on waking up.
You start using up the glycogen/glucose floating in your blood by moving about your body.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You start using up the glycogen/glucose floating in your blood by moving about your body.
I usually jump on the couch and test and it 115 than still on the couch no moving its 95. So not really moving much? first 1 hour or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.