The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Jon. I am new to this forum. I have been an insulin-dependent type-II diabetic for 20 years and diabetic for 30 years.

I spoke with Dr. Faustman on a conference call last Thursday afternoon regarding the funding of clinical phase II testing.

Dr. Faustman expects phase II funding to be such that testing will begin fairly soon. (July was mentioned, but I would not hold her to that - August is more likely.)

On the side, when the conference call was ending and I was left with the good doctor, I had to ask if I could give her an undisclosed sum of cash for the cure right now.

Dr. Faustman's answer could not have been more clear. She told me if she had a child that was diabetic, she could do nothing because the dosage at present is unknown. That is what phase II is all about.

We all, even those on the inside track, have no choice but to wait.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Thanks for telling us about your contact with Dr. Faustman. That was very interesting.

Welcome to our community! Please visit often, we welcome your contribution.

Richard

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thank you John, I am very interested in how Dr faustman going with the experiments and see great things. :love:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for telling us about your contact with Dr. Faustman. That was very interesting.

Welcome to our community! Please visit often, we welcome your contribution.

Richard
Hi Richard,

Is the Dexcom CGM the one that is made by MM, or is it made by another company but compatable with the MM?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Minimed Medtronic (MM) makes the Guardian. San Diego Dexcom makes the Dexcom. There are many discussions online about which is best. I have tried both and definitely prefer Dexcom. The link below is one that shows the opinion of most CGM users I have seen discuss this issue.

CGM Wars: Minimed vs. DexCom A1C LADAdeeda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Minimed Medtronic (MM) makes the Guardian. San Diego Dexcom makes the Dexcom. There are many discussions online about which is best. I have tried both and definitely prefer Dexcom. The link below is one that shows the opinion of most CGM users I have seen discuss this issue.

Thanks Richard. I didn't know that MM was compatable with different CGMs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts