The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen mention of Dreamfields, and while for the time being I'm making no exceptions or substitutions in the carb dept, I viewed it as a fantasy down the road.

I just read a blog entry of a study/comparison of Dreamfield's vs regular pasta posted 2/8/11 entitled "Study finds Dreamfields pasta produces identical glucose curves as regular dry pasta."

The conclusion is - if Dreamfields works for you, you can save a heck of a lot of money by buying basic pasta.

Diabetes Update

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for posting that info on Dreamfields. My wife and I have cooked the pasta as directed, and I'm still experiencing the same problems with carbs as with the pasta used at, let's say, an Olive Garden pasta dish. I love pasta, and have to consider it something I'll have to live with once in the while so I can enjoy pasta.

In fact, the other night I had a Pizza Hut pizza, and followed the carbs as the charts showed me for that particular pizza product. I took the proper number of insulin units, and a few hours later found I spiked in the low 300's. That is something I never do any more, so, my conclusion is, the people that tell us what the carbs are, may not know anything after all!

Because of your post, I'm thinking I'll stop using Dreamfields as it costs a ton more than other pasta, and, like I said, it never really delivered as advertised. It did offer hope (for me) that I could have my pasta, and eat it too!

As you said, if it works for you, use it.

You made a great point and an even greater post.

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The only way I can do pasta is if it is cold in a salad with lots of vinegar and veggies. Hot cooked pasta drives me to 200+. I tried Dreamfields and got great 2 hour numbers- 104, but was surprised when I tested at 3 hours and was 148. I tested at 4 hours and was 180. So no more Dreamfields for me.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Previous conversations here on the forum have indicated that Dreamfields is almost impossible to bolus for, and may be better tolerated by type 2s who aren't too far advanced. I tested it again just last week & I'm still okay with it, but I won't let my guard down.

As for pizza, that one has a reputation that precedes it by at least a mile! It spikes HIGH and it spikes LONG - like 4-5-6 hours later. PWDs often eat only the toppings & leave the crusts.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
i read the dreamfields label and wasnt impressed.

and i wouldnt eat pizza if you paid me

·
Registered
203 Posts
We ALL Have to Live and Learn!

i read the dreamfields label and wasnt impressed.

and i wouldnt eat pizza if you paid me
Unfortunately for me, pizza is now on my no-no list! It seems that diabetes, since I went to insulin two years ago, is just sucking the life of life, but, I'm still alive, and that is a positive thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts