The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that diabetics can get something called drop foot, also called foot drop. I haven't been able to find any good articles where I can read up on the subject, but from what I have read, it has to do with not being able to flex the ankle. It can be caused by other things, but diabetes can also cause it. That's pretty much all I know about it.

I am curious because DH was complaining about ankle pain last week, and it lasted about a week. It seems to have passed now, but I'd better try and learn something about it anyway, just in case.

Has anyone had it, or can someone give me a little more info?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
A former brother-in-law of mine had foot drop - caused by nerve damage in his spine from too many years piloting a helicopter in VietNam. By the time he needed a third back surgery, the foot was involved & never improved. He wore a shoe with a brace attached.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it has to do with the spine pressing on one or more nerves, if it happens again with DH, I'll have to try and talk him into going to a chiropractor. Mission impossible.

Almost barbeque time here. It will be interesting to see everyone's fasting bg tomorrow morning, I doubt it will be a pretty sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts