The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I had a check up at my Drs today and she is THRILLED!!!

Actually she said that if they had a star patient award I would get it.... Sadly there was no such award so I couldn't show off to my kids!! HAHA:D

In fact she said that if I keep up the good numbers on the meter that in 1 month we can attempt to start cutting back on medication...

OMG a doctor who loves my low carb diet AND wants to keep me as med free as possible....I think I might have hit the jackpot here...

Also..... I've officially lost 21kgs( 44pounds)!!!!! How exciting.... Believe me I still have another 50kgs to lose but I'm on the way....
I cleared out my cupboard today as this low cab thing is a perm fixture in my life and NOT just a diet... My doctor made it very clear to me...that even if I get to come off all meds AND lose weight and my BGs behave....I will always have diabetes....I may always have insulin resistance....

I know that and I'm ok with that....
I'm so excited about the future.... I'm 36 years old and my body is getting stronger and healthier each day....

And if I really look after myself now, when I'm an old codger like Shanny (that is a joke!!!!) I'll be very healthy then too :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
That is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I am at a point in my life now that I am comfortable living with my Diabetes. I know that my bgs are in a normal range. I know this is due to the Metformin and my very low carb diet. This is not a diet but a Way of Eating for Life. It is a keeper. Congrats on your progress so far.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww thanks everyone... I certainly wouldn't have gotten this far without the support of this forum.....

Especially you guys!!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Congrats tiggletaggle! My doc is very similar to yours although he chooses simply to ignore my low carb diet. He loves my newest A1C numbers, my weight loss and my heart health since my heart attack. It's so rare to get a doc that actually pays attention to what you are doing and praises you for it. Here's to continued great health!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Aw Tiggletaggle (love love love your nick!) - what a great post to read over my morning coffee - a great uplift :)

Huzzah! You have so much to be proud of.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
:peace: Good on ya! :peace:​

... and good on yer doc, too ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts