The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any one else feel like this? I often feel like I am lightheaded and cant hardly keep my eyes open. I have to keep rubbing my eyes. I hate that feeling. It happens more when I am at work. :hippie:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Everyone has periods during the day where they are low in energy. Bio-Rhythms. I always hit a low point around 4:00 PM and have done so for 40 years. This why God invented Red Bull.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When you feel that way, do you test your bgs? It could be a sign they are very high or very low. Does this seem to happen at a specific time of day like after lunch. It could be that if you are insulin resistant and if you eat carbs your body is producing too much insulin which gives you that feeling. If I eat grains, I tend to get that sleepy feeling, so I avoid them. Trying to keep bgs fairly stable all day will avoid those problems.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is probably better for you than the Red Bull.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My son used to be a sales rep for Red Bull so he drank it all day long. He didn't realise until he left the job how good he felt when he stopped drinking it. I guess it is kind of addicting.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Since diagnosis, I take any weird feeling at all as a cue to test. Right away.

I got hooked on the workplace ice-water machine after one crazy-sleepy afternoon when the vending machines were on the fritz. Shouldn't work, but it does.

Reactions: jwags

·
Registered
137 Posts
When my bgs get high I feel warm all over, somewhat intoxicated, and often suddenly very, very sleepy. This is why much of my carb impulses take place just before bedtime. For years it seemed the perfect cure for the end of a rough day and the beginning of a sleepless night. Too bad it isn't. Ha ha God, very funny.

Others have already mentioned the lows.

Where's your meter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sound obvious, but are you getting enough sleep? As the week goes on, I start feeling more and more tired. When I sleep in on Sat, I feel more alert. I seem to need more sleep than the average person. I guess that is from the years on DM wearing on me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work Monday thru Friday from 7 am to 4 pm. So I go to bed at about 12:30 am and get up at 5:45 am. On the week end, I go to bed about the same time or later if a good movie is on and wake up about 7:30. Sometimes I go back to sleep for a cat nap about 10:30am.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have mentioned in some earlier post that I often get very hot and sweat. I wonder if that is when my levels are high. It could be freezing cold and I have a point where I am sweating.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have a real hard time telling when I am high, low or normal unless I test. Sometimes I swear I must be low and test and will be 120-130. Do you usually feel this way several hours after eating lunch? If so what you may be feeling is the result of your pancreas putting out too much insulin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts