The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a dry cereal recipe (with changes, of course). It is really good, tastes like cereal, is crispy, smells wonderful, and is fast and easy to make. This is supposed to make one serving, but next time I will double the recipe per serving. First I'll post the original recipe, then will tell you about my changes below.

Microwave Dry Cereal

2 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp organic golden flax meal
1 tbsp vanilla whey protein
Pinch No Salt
Pepper sprinkle
2 tbsp water

In small cereal bowl, combine sliced almonds, ground almonds, flax meal, vanilla whey protein, salt and pepper. Stir in water. Spray dinner plate with nonstick cooking spray. Spread mixture out in large circle on plate. Microwave 3 minutes on high . Break into irregular, small pieces. Serve with low carb milk and Splenda Granular to taste. Add a few frozen blueberries, if desired, or chopped pecans or whatever. It’s an easy recipe to play with.

Almost everyone who makes this, eleminates the pepper and substitutes syrup for the water (flavor of choice) I used pancake syrup. I also eleminated the salt. I get bad stomach cramps after eating flax meal, and I don't use whey protein, but I know these 2 items absorb liquid, so are important in the recipe, so I substituted something else that absorbs... pork rinds which I chopped in the food processor. You couldn't taste the pork rinds at all and can't tell they are in there.

This recipe is well worth a try, I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
There's no grain in this one, either the original or Froggy's version. Nuts & seeds are great for diabetics. The trouble is caused by any kind of wheat, oats, corn, rice, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts