The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Easter the worst time for diabetics? I know seeing all that chocolate, but still resisting. Can u deal with it?

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Is Easter the worst time for diabetics? I know seeing all that chocolate, but still resisting. Can u deal with it?

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes
I must confess to eating a marshmallow peep the other day....love them! Thank goodness I am not much of a chocoholic.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I still have Resses Peanut Butter Eggs in the Freezer from last Easter. I think I better throw them out. Jelly Beans, especially the red ones were always my downfall.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I still have Resses Peanut Butter Eggs in the Freezer from last Easter. I think I better throw them out. Jelly Beans, especially the red ones were always my downfall.
mmmm jelly bellys are the best! each one is approx. 1gm of carb....dont ask me why I know that....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I **LOVE** Cadbury Caramel Eggs!!! I can cut one into small messy pieces and make it last over about 4 days. The thing I **HATE** about Easter (and all family gatherings) is watching my mom and aunt and cousin stuff themselves with empty carbs and sugar and then start complaining about their out-of-control blood sugar. Mom and aunt are both Type 2 on meds and insulin. Cousin is about 150 lbs overweight and headed that way, too. I wish I didn't get so ticked off at them!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Shanny - Easter is right up your alley with those eggs, huh? Good for you! I can't stand em. Make a couple for me and enjoy them!
I haven't gone through Easter as a diabetic yet so it will be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Easter is the best possible time for me. My mom has alzheimer's and is stuck on Easter, it's a weekly reference at least. "This is Easter, correct?"

Finally - the time is coming I can say, "YES - THAT'S RIGHT!" which of course I say all the time anyway, but now I can mean it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts