The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this diet? Does anyone here follow it or know anything about it? I am interested if anyone here has any experience with this doctor's diet recommendations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
re: dr furmans eat to live

Has anyone heard of this diet? Does anyone here follow it or know anything about it? I am interested if anyone here has any experience with this doctor's diet recommendations.

Hi - I followed this diet (and am currently restarting the 6 week plan) there are many people on his website/forums who are diabetic and have reduced their meds or comepletey come off them (type II ) or reduced insulin lvls needed.
Its a really great nutritarian diet. have you read the book or are you following this now? I am new to these forums and just came across this post.

my doctor actually told me that if I really wanted to lose weight and control my diabetes then this was the way to go. I participaed in a diabeties study at our hospital/university last year, the dr there specialized in diabeties and has been researching for over 20 years, he really had some great things to say about dr. furhman, you don't have to follow the book 100% but even if you just read it,
It is SO imformative - his website is full of such great info and the forums are the best I have found, you can ask him questions that he personally answers.

lol I could write lots more info and

would love to hear if you ended up following this

TC
J

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read the book(s) and am following it, though not real closely. I have drastically increased my vegetable intake, particularly grean, leafy vegetables. My last A1c was 5.5%.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi - I followed this diet (and am currently restarting the 6 week plan) there are many people on his website/forums who are diabetic and have reduced their meds or comepletey come off them (type II ) or reduced insulin lvls needed.
Its a really great nutritarian diet. have you read the book or are you following this now? I am new to these forums and just came across this post.

my doctor actually told me that if I really wanted to lose weight and control my diabetes then this was the way to go. I participaed in a diabeties study at our hospital/university last year, the dr there specialized in diabeties and has been researching for over 20 years, he really had some great things to say about dr. furhman, you don't have to follow the book 100% but even if you just read it,
It is SO imformative - his website is full of such great info and the forums are the best I have found, you can ask him questions that he personally answers.

lol I could write lots more info and

would love to hear if you ended up following this

TC
J
Would you be able to give me the website address, please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts