The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new this forum. I am 32 years old. Its been 10 months, since I was diagnoised with Diabetes. I was under insulin shots for 3 months and came out of it by controlling it in oral medication, diet and exercise. So, for the last seven months its been under control with just metformin and actos. Only the last 3 weeks the readings are getting little higher (between 120 - 140).

But for the last 3 days I am having this sexual problems, Erectile dysfunction (couldnt sustain it). I have researched about it a lot, everybody says it can happen only if you have uncontrolled sugar levels and at much older age.

I am just 32 and sugarlevel is not that bad. Why do I have it?
I just got married a year ago (my first anniversary is in another 2 weeks).
Please advice. Any insight on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome: :)

Those numbers for that short amount of time would not cause ED. Unless possibly you have had Diabetes for years and didn't know it. There are other things that can affect a Man's erection, as I'm sure you are aware. You should see your Dr. if you are concerned. Although you are young, h/she would probably give you a test for low testosterone and other tests to rule out other possible medical conditions.

Normally, starting around age 35, a Man loses about 1-1.5% annually of testosterone. But the effects of this wouldn't affect you until around age 40-55(Andropause).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terrie!

I went for the test today. Waiting for the reports. I am going to the Doc on Monday.

Hope everything is fine.

Thanks a lot for your response!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Raj:

I do hope that the Dr. was able to answer your questions and come up with a Good treatment for you.

Best Wishes for a Wonderful 1st Anniversary to you and your Wife. Congratulations. :)

You are Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts