The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello ronak. If you know how well he's managed his diabetes, that would tell more about his risk level.

If you father has maintained good control of his blood sugars all these years, his risk of heart disease shouldn't be much worse than anyone else. It's the uncontrolled patients who suffer complications like cardiac & vascular disease, blindness, etc.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
my father has diabetes type 2 for more than 20 years .what are its effect on heart
Welcome to Diabetes Forum! Probably need more information about his diet and any other health problems. How is his cholesterol? Does he eat a healthy diet? Does he go to the doctor on a regular basis? Is his diabetes under control? Sorry to ask so many questions, but there are several ways that your Father can keep his overall health in check with good glucose control.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
If your father has had good control of his diabetes during those 20 years, then his heart is very likely to be in good shape. How old is he? Heart problems are one of the most likely causes of death for all people, diabetic, or not. I have been a diabetic for 64 years and I am 70 years old. I use very tight control and my diabetes has not caused me any problems. My heart is in great shape, Does your father have a healthy diet, does he exercise every day, is he overweight, does he have a lot of high blood sugar? These factors determine whether he has the potential for heart problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts