The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emergency Butter Aid: Denmark Rescues Norwegian Christmas...

Because of the popularity of LCHF diets in Scandinavia Norway is experiencing a severe shortage of butter. There isn’t enough to prepare traditional Christmas food.

Danish breakfast TV has now started a large rescue operation. They’re sending at least 1000 packets of butter to neighboring Norway.

Reuters: Diet craze leaves Norwegians starved of butter
Business Insider: Low-Carb Diets Are Causing A Severe Butter Shortage In Norway

The LCHF revolution has so far only spread from Sweden to Norway and Finland. Danes still fear natural saturated fat, for no good reason. But that’s ok. It means more delicious butter for the rest of us.
:amen:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't think we have to worry over here, but I may buy some and freeze it just to play safe.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
They blame all of us living LCHF for eating to much butter, but the truth is there been a dramatic low in milk produced because the government seems to think we dont need to produce our food.....
It`s quite stupid. I dont think there is any crize even if all the papers tell us this. I still have butter, and if there is none to buy, I just make my own butter.
Many crizes in the world, this is NOT one of them.

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I don't think we have to worry over here, but I may buy some and freeze it just to play safe.
This is my ongoing method anyhow - buy a bunch when it goes on sale & keep it in the freezer. I prob'ly have 10-15 lbs. in the freezer at any given time.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Actually the only time I use butter is when I bake cookies. I think I use more Coconut Oil than butter. It's not like we can spread butter on toast or anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts