The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am feeling really tired everyday not sure why. But before I was diagnosed I drank energy drinks a lot . My favorite was sugar free Red Bull!!- I know they are not good for you. But it help me through the day. Does anybody have any suggestions. I also drink slot of green tea decaf.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Registered
87 Posts
Red Bull

Hello everyone! I am feeling really tired everyday not sure why. But before I was diagnosed I drank energy drinks a lot . My favorite was sugar free Red Bull!!- I know they are not good for you. But it help me through the day. Does anybody have any suggestions. I also drink slot of green tea decaf.

I thought Red Bull was only available here in the Philippines. Either way, with or without diabetes, Red Bull is a product to stay away from!

Gene

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Red Bull is available all over. My son used to work for them and drank it all the time. When he got laid off and stopped drinking it, he felt a lot better. He said the drink gave him frequent headaches. There are a lot of stimulants in it, even the sugar free version so I would be careful. You are better drinking water or make a power smoothie with whey for energy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And I think I am against redbullit as it has sugar but no energetic effect and that perhaps something + that causes bad influences on us that are affected with this disease

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Do your best to stay away from energy drinks - the caffeine in them just isn't good for diabetes.

Although some research shows that caffeine can help reduce the risk of DEVELOPING diabetes, most research shows that for those WITH diabetes, caffeine will actually INCREASE your blood glucose readings. Most of that research was done with 250mg of caffeine (about the amount of 2 normal sized cups of most coffee) at a time once per day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Beefy! I haven't had one in weeks. I think I was having withdrawals! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
In fact I do not use energy drinks, can drink a RedBull or something like 1 in 4 or 5 weeks. We can generally drink 3 or 4 coffee with milk per day, and those of sugar-free drink. I read in several different articles that coffee's good for diabetes but not know how true this is. I drink coffee that I like awakening the morning or after baking, not that the advert by diabetes. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought Red Bull was only available here in the Philippines. Either way, with or without diabetes, Red Bull is a product to stay away from!

Gene
I agree,and that goes for all "energy" drinks that should be known as spiked sugar water at best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts