Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Energy (& Other Myths)?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  beefy 
#1 ·
Hello, All ...

Thanks to you all, I'm finally finding foods I can eat without spiking, plus I'm learning to interpret spikes better. Just found some great advice on that ???*%^!!! Dawn Syndrome too. Plus, I'm now less panicky about frequent vision changes at this early stage of the game.

Energy is the Semi-Final Frontier. I feel much better physically, and a LOT sharper mentally. But I'm still blessed with all the energy of a used dishrag. Modest exercise wipes me out.

How do you all keep energy levels up? Supplements, no-pain-no-gain exercise, or ...?

And thanks again for being there!

#2 ·
Believe it or not I use Coconut Oil. I try to use it at every meal. Your body burns it for energy similar to a carb. It takes your body a few months to get used to eating a lower carb diet. I would try adding more natural fats at meals.

#3 ·
OK, now I know I've gotta try the stuff. Thanks, jwags!

#4 · (Edited)
I'm allergic to coconut, but I've added Palm Oil to my diet (very similar in it's makeup) and it also seems to be having a good effect.

I don't eat much of any carb in the evenings, and I find now I can eat a pure fat/protein meal cooked in Palm Oil and still feel pretty energized.

It's also important to realize it can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to get use to the feeling of eating low-carb. It took about 10 days for me, if I remember correctly...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.