The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just now I took my BG reading because I suddenly feel a big drop. Had 1 small cup of coffee this morning (about half a cup). The number's good at 106 but this sort of rush in a drop surprises me.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I understand. I feel a sudden drop but may not notice a slow drop. that is why I may feel like I am a little hypo at 80 because the drop was very fast. Then I may not have any symptoms at all when I have a 70 because the drop was so slow. I test frequently so I can see the highs and lows that may be developing before they become so bad. I test every two hours on the average and even more often if I am going to drive my car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before driving deffinatly. When I first started out in January I had one really bad day, I was freaking out driving to the mall, pulled over and swore I was going to pass out. turned out my reading was 150. There's still the occasional panics where I have to go and walk around, do deep breathing, close the eyes and calm down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning's numbers have been good so far except again I'm having to snack more to keep sugar levels stable....

So far....

7am 90

palm of raisins twice, water

9am 76

palm of raisins twice, water

10am 91

Palm of raisins once, water

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Great numbers Dan but man cannot live by raisins and water alone. Lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts