The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you wake up just feeling like crap?
No reasonable explanation for it that I know of. Sugars are good, I haven't hypo'ed for a couple days now but my body is really feeling run down.
I have a dentist appt. early this morning and I almost canceled it but have decided to go anyway and get it over with. Bleh

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hope you feel better quick!

I get started anyway on mornings like that, but if things just keep getting worse, I re-assess.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To top it all off...... I didn't even make it back home before the bottom fell out and I had a nasty hypo. It was too early for breakfast before I left and since I was still in the grips of Dawn Phenom. I thought I'd be fine to eat after the appt....Needless to say I was very wrong.
The pattern I've noticed is when I have a day when I wake feeling crummy like that I will inevitably crash at some point during the day or that night even if I eat right all day. It's like something's really out of whack and my body gives me that warning.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Yea, i hate those "D" days

G

·
yeah I can relate :D I keep feeling exhausted all the time and I push myself everyday. Work has been crazy busy and I put application in for another job (just something different for a short term) with organisation... but I was rushing so much I nearly didn't get any application done or emailed. Should've seen me yesterday when I got home... both eyes blood shot and looking the worse for wear. I had to take half dosage basal last night as was fasting this morning for the gastric emptying study. I did that today and it took at total of 5 hours... long hours. What was interesting about it was the comments they were making to me along the way.... I learnt my food stays at entry of my stomach for over 2 hours and only small part of it goes quick to my stomach. But after 4 hours everything had made it's way through the stomach... so I don't think it's gastroparesis as such... although they commented they think I have a muscle or two not working properly at the top of my stomach... apparently they've not seen anything like it before (or so they say). Apparently after the first hour my food was sitting between my rib cage... not quite in the stomach. It explains the pain I get in the upper quadrant as that's exactly where the food sits apparently. Maybe it sits there longer sometimes than other times? But I'm glad that's over! I don't want to eat more radioactive egg anytime soon. lol. Amy.... it's not fun having hypos when you're out. I hope you were Ok and able to treat it quick. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was close to home though it seemed like it was taking forever. Luckily I wasn't driving and barely had my legs under me by the time we got here.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
To top it all off...... I didn't even make it back home before the bottom fell out and I had a nasty hypo. It was too early for breakfast before I left and since I was still in the grips of Dawn Phenom. I thought I'd be fine to eat after the appt....Needless to say I was very wrong.
The pattern I've noticed is when I have a day when I wake feeling crummy like that I will inevitably crash at some point during the day or that night even if I eat right all day. It's like something's really out of whack and my body gives me that warning.
Yeah, some bad feelings can't be ignored. Figuring out what to do about 'em is the tricky bit.

I hope you're feeling much better now! :hug:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, some bad feelings can't be ignored. Figuring out what to do about 'em is the tricky bit.

I hope you're feeling much better now! :hug:
I am much better and thank you so much for the Hug Shalynne (sweet!) and the well wishes. I just felt so bad that morning I needed to share with others who *get it*.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts