The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am already starting to get "sensitive" with the injections and I am only doing 2 a day and may have to move up to 5 a day.

I did my exercise tonight and was a little late with the exercise. Instead of going right on the computer I went to inject my Levemir. I tried 2-3 spots on my lower left and the needle really hurt so I had to go back to my right side.

I wondered if I should wait 15-30 minutes after exercise to do an injection because the nerves and everything is all active from the exercise? Or am I just goofy?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am already starting to get "sensitive" with the injections and I am only doing 2 a day and may have to move up to 5 a day.

I did my exercise tonight and was a little late with the exercise. Instead of going right on the computer I went to inject my Levemir. I tried 2-3 spots on my lower left and the needle really hurt so I had to go back to my right side.

I wondered if I should wait 15-30 minutes after exercise to do an injection because the nerves and everything is all active from the exercise? Or am I just goofy?
Are you using a needle only once? I know sometimes people use th em more than once, but I find that it is painful when I tried to do it. Also, be sure you are using the thinnest gauge needle in an appropriate length for your body mass. When I was taking daily injections I used a 31g needle. They make them in varying lengths, depending on body mass...make sure you are using one long enough to get into the fat layer, injecting too shallowly can cause pain and burning also. You dont want it so long that you go into the muscle layer though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts