The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something for me to think about for when I exercise….

Last night, after a relatively carb heavy dinner (~50g), 15 mins of rowing took me from the 190’s down to 105.

This morning, I ran a fasting number of 154, and had a keto shake (20g fat, 2g carbs, 8g protein) and then a little while later did 40 mins of rowing to end up at … 152.

For the last couple months, the vast majority of my exercise has been in the morning hours. Perhaps that needs to change? If it does nothing for my BG, maybe shift to an evening routine.

·
Super Moderator
1,930 Posts
Only way to know is to try. I tend to avoid evening exercise because it revs me up too much to sleep and I don't sleep that well as it is. But we're all different. Might work a treat for you; might not make a substantial difference. mbuster used to work out at various times of the day; wonder if he has an experience to provide?

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts
I am a night owl, its usually after midnight before I go to bed. Early or late exercise doesn't seem to matter for me, I have trouble sleeping anyway, not going to sleep, but staying asleep. Even if I drink coffee at night, it doesn't give me problems going to sleep.

If exercise later seems to help BG, but interferes with sleep, maybe something less strenuous like a long walk after supper might show some good results. It may not cause other hormones to kick in.

Reactions: Steve81
1 - 3 of 3 Posts