The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Iv had eye problems for just over a year. Lots of laser a then i had a vitrectomy op in January. It went well and iv been recovering ever since. Just been to my eye unit as vision blurred over and big red blob of blood appeared in top of eye. An eye bleed :(. Hopin there is someone out there who has been through the sane and that I'm not just the unluckiest person ever and there is still hope for me and eventually being a mum.
Positive stories only pls!! It's all I can take!!
Thanku
Jx

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Mine wasn't a bleed, but I had a retinal detachment this winter & that took quite some measures to repair - there were six tears in my retina in addition to the one that detached. Recovery seemed slow to me, but my retinal surgeon seems pleased, so I guess I'll trust him. ;)

Did you get your pump? How's that going for you? I hope you got it - it should mean much better control & much better odds for becoming a mum! Hang in there - we're all pulling for you! :hug:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I had spots of retinopathy after the turn of the century , and my ophthamologist said I might need laser teatment soon. Then I started pumping in 2007. My control improved very much and I did not have many highs and lows anymore. The spots in my eyes disappeared and I have not had any eye problems since. Having stable control with few highs and lows is important to help avoid complications. A pump is very useful and can be used to get very stable control. It takes time though. Get good instruction and make the best of your pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts