The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been having some vision problems. I have a floater that is quite dark and about the size of a dime at arms length in my left eye. It moves with the eye and is always there. I also have a lot of dark cloudiness in my eyes. It is like black spider webs all over my eyes. I have had the floaters before that come and go but these seem different. I also find myself seeing things that aren't really there. I will find myself startled at times by what I thought was something moving in my periphery but there was nothing. I am constantly thinking I see a bug or something moving that isn't there. I was playing madden 13 with my brother last weekend at night and swore I saw my son standing in the doorway when I told him he should be in bed. When I finished the play and looked over he wasn't there. I went to his bedroom and he was sound asleep. I am also very sensitive to light lately and I see halo's at night. I almost don't feel comfortable driving at night sometimes because it seems I can't see right.

I do have glaucoma but don't know if it is part of the problem with my vision. I am also having some struggles with my BG. I have been wanting to call the doc for the past 2 weeks to see about a separate basal/bolus regimen as the 70/30 isn't cutting it any longer. I have become convinced that I am nearing the end of a honeymoon period and that if I were to have my c-peptide measured again we would see a significant drop in insulin production. I was tested for antibodies and they were not present but I am almost sure that I am LADA and my beta cells are going south. My weight gain has ceased and I have actually dropped back to 140lbs. I am also having night sweats and increased urination.

I also did a crude high carb, no insulin PP to see where I stood last week and I hit the highest number I have ever hit with a 363. At diagnosis, I had a PP of 209.

The question is, can anybody give insight to the eye issues? Does it sound abnormal? Should I see the eye doc?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Floaters have been a part my life for a long time. I can relate to the seeing a bug. The halo around lights doesn't sound quite right, maybe something going there. Best to make an appointment. Wife has never had floaters ever, she cheated on her diet and got into a couple of honey buns and later had a vitrial detachment which left a slew of floaters. As if that wasn't bad enough several months later she had another lapse in her diet, reeses cups and developed floaters in the other eye.

I did some research on who can take of these for her. A doc in VA can do a laser treatment for about $1500 per eye.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
A sudden increase in floaters can indicate a bleeding blood vessel in your eye, they can tack that puppy closed with a laser. You should definitely see the eye doctor!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Suffering from a few eye problems myself I would not leave out retinal detachment as well. The halo's are typical of glaucoma. The dark spot can also be CSR, a type of bleeding closely associated with high stress. I suffered this in both eyes and took awhile to clear up however it left some scar tissue. But these are all guesses and because it can be very serious like retinal detachment I would rather suggest an opthalmologist asap. Keep us posted please.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the inputs everyone. I have called my eye doc and he wants to see me tomorrow. He wants to make sure the floaters aren't serious and he wants to check my glaucoma due to the halos. I hope things are ok.

For the glaucoma sufferers, do your eyes water excessively? Is that from pressure? That is another problem I am having. Sometimes my eyes just start watering. My wife thought I was crying the other night because my eyes were so watery. They don't itch or anything, just get watery.

Also, I have flashes of black and white meaning that sometimes the color goes away. It is only for a second or two and then things are normal. I have had that problem since I was a kid and was told I am partially color blind but it hasn't happened since I was a teen. Now it is starting to happen again. I think I am just getting old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts