The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm still fairly new to this stuff so I have a question. I wear bifocal contact lenses. I just got a new prescription about a month ago. Since that time my levels have dropped and are in line. Now all of a sudden if I'm wearing my contacts I can't see anything distance wise. I can see up really close OK with them but that's it. So my question is could my vision have improved a little bit since my levels have been good and will they stay this way if I keep it in line? BTW, my distance vision w/o wearing the contacts is extremely good. Perfect I'd say.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
OK, so I'm still fairly new to this stuff so I have a question. I wear bifocal contact lenses. I just got a new prescription about a month ago. Since that time my levels have dropped and are in line. Now all of a sudden if I'm wearing my contacts I can't see anything distance wise. I can see up really close OK with them but that's it. So my question is could my vision have improved a little bit since my levels have been good and will they stay this way if I keep it in line? BTW, my distance vision w/o wearing the contacts is extremely good. Perfect I'd say.
Hello Romeos: (Is that s supposed to be on your name)?

Well, I'm Glad to hear that your vision has improved. :clap2: It's unfortunate that you just purchased the lens though.

When a Diabetic's sugar levels go high for a while the lens of the eyes do get a residue in them which causes the vision to get somewhat blurry. When the sugar level goes down to normal, the residue clears from the lens so the Person can see normally again.

This is one reason. It is always Good to let your Ophthalmologist know how your eyes are doing and to get a new prescription if needed.

**Interesting introduction to your site. :fear: :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um hum, it's with the "S". :)

Thanks for the hands! lol

Hopefully then now my eyes will stay the same. I almost don't even need any correction now. Thankssssssss so much for the answer. You and your lovely hair. ;)

My site's nothing to be a'skeered of. lol It's actually a pretty fun game. It'll definitely make you laugh with some of the names the players come up with though. I have a few websites for hobby. You'd think I'd get enough computers at work. lol :)

Hello Romeos: (Is that s supposed to be on your name)?

Well, I'm Glad to hear that your vision has improved. :clap2: It's unfortunate that you just purchased the lens though.

When a Diabetic's sugar levels go high for a while the lens of the eyes do get a residue in them which causes the vision to get somewhat blurry. When the sugar level goes down to normal, the residue clears from the lens so the Person can see normally again.

This is one reason. It is always Good to let your Ophthalmologist know how your eyes are doing and to get a new prescription if needed.

**Interesting introduction to your site. :fear: :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Romeos said:
um hum, it's with the "S".
Okay, just wondering.

Romeos said:
Hopefully then now my eyes will stay the same. I almost don't even need any correction now. Thankssssssss so much for the answer.
That's Terrific. Amazing how a non-toxic substance like glucose can affect a Person's body so badly.

Romeos said:
My site's nothing to be a'skeered of. lol
-said the wolf to the lamba. :llama: :D j/k I couldn't resist. I'm sure it is Fun and entertaining. I just seem to be multi-tasking too much, as it is. Hey, it's Great to have hobbies that you enjoy plus you can interact with the Members.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazingly crappy eh? lol I didn't think it would get me 'cuz I stay in decent shape. Too many sweets of the wrong kind. :)

lol, cute llama but wait... Are ya already tryin' to kick me? haha

I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't multi-task. I've gotta always be doing something seems like. Big plans for the weekend??

That's Terrific. Amazing how a non-toxic substance like glucose can affect a Person's body so badly.

-said the wolf to the lamba. :llama: :D j/k I couldn't resist. I'm sure it is Fun and entertaining. I just seem to be multi-tasking too much, as it is. Hey, it's Great to have hobbies that you enjoy plus you can interact with the Members.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Romeos Tune said:
I didn't think it would get me 'cuz I stay in decent shape. Too many sweets of the wrong kind. :)
Isn't that maddening? You try to keep in shape and eat right usually and you get zapped sometimes. Hmmm...they'll have to look into those sweets. I'm sure they'd enjoy doing another study. Do you have someone in the Family with Diabetes?

Romeos said:
I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't multi-task. I've gotta always be doing something seems like. Big plans for the weekend??
It's Good to multi-task. You get a lot more done. No big plans. It's the long week-end so we're just getting away for awhile to relax.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very much so. I am no longer having sweets. *pout* lol Oh well. I already lost 5 pounds I didn't think I could lose. Oh wait! Turning around, there it is. :)

My Grandma had it and my Dad and Sister. They were all overweight though so I thought I was safe.

I just started vacation!!! :) Going to a bowling tournament this weekend and then to Vegas Monday. Excited look! Running around the house in circles. woooohoooooo! :)

Isn't that maddening? You try to keep in shape and eat right usually and you get zapped sometimes. Hmmm...they'll have to look into those sweets. I'm sure they'd enjoy doing another study. Do you have someone in the Family with Diabetes?

It's Good to multi-task. You get a lot more done. No big plans. It's the long week-end so we're just getting away for awhile to relax.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Romeos said:
My Grandma had it and my Dad and Sister. They were all overweight though so I thought I was safe.
That's too bad. Unfortunately, a Person can only delay Type 2 for some time if they are predisposed to it.

Romeos said:
I just started vacation!!! :) Going to a bowling tournament this weekend and then to Vegas Monday. Excited look! Running around the house in circles. woooohoooooo! :)
What's your Best bowling score? I can't lift the large bowling balls anymore, so we play the 5-pin instead. It's still Fun.

Hey, Good for you. Everyone needs a yearly vacation. We don't go on vacation until July sometime. Well, enjoy you time off. Yes, I can tell that you are excited about it. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? So I would have gotten it no matter what?

Best bowling score is 300. I've had a few of those. I need to have one in this tournament today and tomorrow.

July isn't too much longer. :) I'm going on another vacation in July. Going on a bike ride with a bunch of guys. I've never went out with a group like this so it'll be fun.

That's too bad. Unfortunately, a Person can only delay Type 2 for some time if they are predisposed to it.

What's your Best bowling score? I can't lift the large bowling balls anymore, so we play the 5-pin instead. It's still Fun.

Hey, Good for you. Everyone needs a yearly vacation. We don't go on vacation until July sometime. Well, enjoy you time off. Yes, I can tell that you are excited about it. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Really? So I would have gotten it no matter what?
The Scientists discovered that some Type 2's are predisposed to Diabetes if they have a Family history of it and a particular gene. If a Person does regular exercise and has a healthy Lifestyle, then they will not get Diabetes for many years but eventually will become a Diabetic.

There are also people in the same Family that will not get Diabetes because they do not have that particular gene. No one knows yet who will or will not get Diabetes in this case. I'm sure that a test will be in the pipeline eventually though.

My Parents, Grandparents or other Relatives in our Family did not have Diabetes but yet my 2 Brothers and I were dxd. young. My Sister (who is my older Brother's twin), does not have Diabetes even now which is Great and Amazing. There is the chance though that there were Diabetics in the Family but died of something else which wasn't connected to Diabetes if they were not dxd.

Type 1 of course, is an autoimmune disease and the Scientists still don't know what causes it for sure. They've come up with, in the genes, viruses, environmental causes, etc.

Romeos said:
Best bowling score is 300.
:Cry: My Best was 177(crawling under the table].

Romeos said:
I've had a few of those. I need to have one in this tournament today and tomorrow.
Very Good. I hope that you did Well in the Tournament. How did it go??

Romeos said:
July isn't too much longer. :) I'm going on another vacation in July. Going on a bike ride with a bunch of guys. I've never went out with a group like this so it'll be fun.
Hey, that sounds like a lot of Fun. Make sure that you take your meds., meter, food, juice and water, sunscreen, sunglasses and a helmet. Oh and I suppose clothes and a compass and map, would come in handy also. :D What the heck....take the sink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts