The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Management Problems

Why do I get exhaustion, weight loss, weakness every now and then ?

I have thyroid and fatty liver in addition with diabetes (type 2).....

I get exhaustion, weight loss, weakness every now and then ?

I have thyroid and fatty liver in addition with diabetes (type 2).......

I have diabetes for almost 8 months now and I am taking some homeopathic medicines (Dibonil, Graphitis) to control the diabetes and some others like Rablet 20 for liver and eltroxin 50 for thyroid.......

My diet is just normal containing carbohydrates and no sugar........

Can I get some suggestions regarding my diet plan and the symptoms I am facing ????

Thank you....

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Exhaustion, weight loss, fatigue are classic symptoms of high blood sugar & whacky thyroid hormone concentration. A "normal" carby diet is what you would want to stay away from. It is not "normal" for your flawed metabolism.

I hope by now you have gone through the websites bloodsugar101 and dietdoctor

These should be a good place for you to start.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Do you test your blood glucose?

It sounds like your homeopathic medications are not providing the level of control you need. It is very unlikely that eating no sugar but 'normal' carbs will help control your fatty liver or your diabetes.

Please read the links skb provided.

Also, I encourage you to go discuss this with your doctor.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi SamMase,
You have not given any details about your BS levels, diet, lipids etc. From your post it looks like you are on high carb diet and that is causing high BS levels which ultimately resulting in exhaustion. What is cause of your fatty lever? Is it NAFLD?
For that carb control is the best way to proceed.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Agreeing with others. The way to control glucose and your symptoms is is by cutting out your carbs

Good luck!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have cut off my carb diet from some days ago, but there is no special change......

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Reactions: Xenon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BS levels:-
Fasting = 135
Post P = 210
Lipid = Normal
Cause of fatty liver = Hyper Acidity
Thyroid - TSS = Above Normal

·
Super Moderator
9,773 Posts
Zero carbs would be kind of hard to do. I am curious, what do you eat?

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
BS levels:-
Fasting = 135
Post P = 210

Thyroid - TSS = Above Normal
That is the answer for all your fatigue & weakness. How high is the TSH and are you taking any thyroxine ?

I agree with the "0" carb comments of all. That is a near impossibility. You ought to read Carb Content data of foods. There are several websites which will offer you all this information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In your first post you have written that you are consuming normal carbohydrates, so how can you say that it is zero? What is your diet?
First you need to control your diabetes. Fatty lever, elevated BS levels and hypothyroidism, all are affecting your energy levels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts