2 tbsp. dill relish
2 tbsp. sweet relish
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
The juice of 1/2 fresh lime
8-12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. rendered bacon fat

Directions:
1. Place chicken breasts in sauce pan containing water or chicken broth along with butter and Cajun seasoning. Boil for at least 30 minutes to allow the seasoning to penetrate the meat.
2. In the meantime, sauté tomatoes in rendered bacon fat for about 10 minutes. Then, toss in balsamic vinegar and cook for about another 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Once chicken breasts are done, remove from pan and place in food processor or blender. Process on high until desired consistency. If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can either chip up the chicken with meat shears or pull it apart using two forks.
4. Place processed chicken in a mixing bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and Creole mustard until completely mixed in.
5. Add in the celery, yellow and green onions, bell pepper, and dill and sweet relishes. Mix in completely.
6. Mix in chopped boiled eggs and tomatoes.
7. Drizzle with lime juice and mix it in completely.
8. Chill for at least 30 minutes (optional).
9. Enjoy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds great.. I'll have to hunt down some creole mustard:) or maybe theres a recipe for it..

thanks for sharing this with us
Sonny
Hey there! You're very welcome. You can use spicy brown mustard or Dijon if you don't have Creole mustard where you live. I know you're gonna love it like we do here. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds great.. I'll have to hunt down some creole mustard:) or maybe theres a recipe for it..

thanks for sharing this with us
Sonny
Hey, again, Sonny! Please forgive me. I'm fighting a cold this morning and wasn't thinking clearly. I found a simple recipe for Creole mustard online. Please let me know how it works for you.

Ingredients:
6 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Tobasco sauce or hot sauce to taste
1/2 tsp. horseradish (optional)

Directions:
Mix all together.

Yield: 1/4 cup

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hey, again, Sonny! Please forgive me. I'm fighting a cold this morning and wasn't thinking clearly. I found a simple recipe for Creole mustard online. Please let me know how it works for you.

Ingredients:
6 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Tobasco sauce or hot sauce to taste
1/2 tsp. horseradish (optional)

Directions:
Mix all together.

Yield: 1/4 cup
lethabjones, thank you for finding a recipe for Sonny, but in the future, you need to include a link to the original from anything you post from online. This avoids copyright issues. I spent a long time trying to find the one you posted with no luck. Could you please post the link to the original site? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts