The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question; would my morning fasting numbers be insignificant if I have a liver dump during the night. If i do have a liver dump, is that not a good thing? Shows that be body is working as it should during the night!

Should I be concerned about an fasting average of 6.4 knowing that I dumped. If my dumps never spike me more than that should i still try to eat to not have a dump?

Questions that I always had and forgot to ask. The other reason I ask is because of my last a1c test thar was awesome.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
You know what? The thing to look up is Somogyi effect. And it is controversial. No one agrees on whether or not it actually exists! So ... good luck. SIGH.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Liver dumps are important part of our bodies function. There is a constant back and forth between glucagon in your pancreas and glycogen in your liver. I think where the problem comes in is when some of our signals misfire. In a normal pancreas glucagon is only produced if we are really low, around 70. But in many type 2's , it is produced when we are not low. It is my understanding that everyone suffers from DP. The only difference is in diabetics we don't have a strong insulin response to compensate, so our bgs go up. By understanding DP and kind of reining it in I have been able to lower my HbA1c to a normal range, 5.3. So I think it is important to understand it and do whatever you can to limit it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, my last a1c was at 5.9 so that is why my morning numbers may be of some insignificance at least keep then we they always have been

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts